SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received my P220 back from Suarez International, whom I had mill my slide for a Trijicon RMR. This is my first pistol with a red-dot.

When shooting with iron sights, I've struggled with my shots pulling to the left. When zeroing the red-dot, my concern is that I may have potentially zeroed the windage too far right and unintentionally compensating for my left shot placement.

How do I combat this? How do I ensure that my dot is at zero with the handgun without my human error? Additionally, how do I do this without sending the entire pistol off to a professional and instead accomplish this myself?

TIA

PS: I apologize in advance if this post was placed in the wrong section of the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you spent much/any time on the Suarez forum? There are numerous discussions there regarding zeroing the dot and the irons.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
I've never attempted to zero iron or red dot to anything but ME. When I point and shoot, I put a round right where I want to. Hell if I know what shooting errors I have. They are consistent so all my guns are sighted that way. I hope that makes sense. I haven't a care in the world how someone else might shoot MY gun.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I start off at home using a bore laser to get as close to zero as possible before hitting the range. When at the range I use a bench rest to limit human error and to fine tune my zero.

Wow. For a minute there I thought I write this and forgot. I did that very same thing yesterday with my 320 RX. I'll take it to the range to finish it up. Probably use a bipod on the rail.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Like Malicious says.

Also, when using the bag or rest, take your time and squeeze the trigger slowly. I like try to have the gun surprise me when it goes off so flinching, pushing and bad habits don't factor in.

You do not want to accommodate bad habits when sighting the gun. Should be spot on if you handed it to a pro - then correct bad habits so it's spot on for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.