SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following image is a still taken from the video SIG DE used to demonstrate the modularity of the X-series (a copy of which is available above in the stickey posted by Northlight). It shows a XShort equipped with a compensator. To do that, SIG must have produced at least one XShort threaded barrel, but I have never seen one, much less one for sale? Has anyone seen such a part?
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Font

Reactions: hauki

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: hauki and bearone2

·
Registered
56,194 Posts
i seem to recall q having one with threaded barrel....can't find a pic!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have personally never seen a short slide length barrel for sale. Even back in the day when there were some parts for the Gen 1 X5 it was fairly rare to find a threaded barrel for sale. The only factory gen 1 option that I'm aware of with a threaded barrel was the X5 Open and the X5 Tactical. Best bet is to get a bar-sto barrel made up, but be aware that it might not be the correct profile for the X5E comp. Milos had one made up and they did a full thread profile not the shorted one with a shoulder that is the standard Sig profile. P226X5 Tactical threaded barrel

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just get a X5 barrel and thread it. LOL
That might actually work. The barrel would most likely be between 4.9 and 5.0 inches long.

·
Vendor
402 Posts
That might actually work. The barrel would most likely be between 4.9 and 5.0 inches long.
Since X-Short is the same size as P226, threaded X-Short barrel would be the SAME lenght as P226 threaded barrel.

The one and only (and a major) difference would be that it would be necked-down from the Bull Diameter .....just like the current X-Five Open barrel.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since X-Short is the same size as P226, threaded X-Short barrel would be the SAME lenght as P226 threaded barrel.

The one and only (and a major) difference would be that it would be necked-down from the Bull Diameter .....just like the current X-Five Open barrel.
Yes, I get that Milos, but my question is did SIG ever produce such an animal? I have never seen one or have heard of one being advertised.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Q. I guess if this one belongs to Milos, we will all soon be able to buy one.;)

Reactions: Hk91308

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Funny thing about the LDC with the TB above is this, and I'm not not sure if the Mastershop thought about it, when they put the TB in this gun. When I still had both this gun and the X5 Open, I was tinkering with the Open's comp on the LDC, and it's a no go. Attaching the comp onto the TB was not a problem. However, when you attempt to rack the slide, the initial motion also moves the barrel (hence the comp) rearward, and, because the dust cover is full length, the comp would slam into the front of it.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Funny thing about the LDC with the TB above is this, and I'm not not sure if the Mastershop thought about it, when they put the TB in this gun. When I still had both this gun and the X5 Open, I was tinkering with the Open's comp on the LDC, and it's a no go. Attaching the comp onto the TB was not a problem. However, when you attempt to rack the slide, the initial motion also moves the barrel (hence the comp) rearward, and, because the dust cover is full length, the comp would slam into the front of it.
That is truly bizzare.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts