SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

When I install the takedown lever on my X5 (tungsten full frame, coyote full frame or carry frame) I have difficulty getting it finally seating. I know about the angle for inserting it past the slide lock and have lubed the O-rings but can’t seem to get it to click into the seated position.

Is there a special sequence to install this easier? I have not found anything online...any guidance/links/tips appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.
An X5 Newbie

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Hey Folks,

When I install the takedown lever on my X5 (tungsten full frame, coyote full frame or carry frame) I have difficulty getting it finally seating. I know about the angle for inserting it past the slide lock and have lubed the O-rings but can’t seem to get it to click into the seated position.

Is there a special sequence to install this easier? I have not found anything online...any guidance/links/tips appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.
An X5 Newbie
Sometimes, on one of mine, the lever gets to a point where it's about 1mm from being home and doesn't want to go.
I have a coiled rawhide craft hammer and give it a tap with that.

I think I must be seating the O-ring with that tap.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I usually start mine in the grip at 7:00 position and after I get it started through towards the other side of the grip, I end up rotating it to the 3:00 "latched" position, sometimes rotating it a little back and forth. Then after it is completely seated I rotate it back to the 7:00 position to install the slide.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
And like the 1911, you can give your baby an "Idiot Scratch" if you reef on the lever when it is out of its "range of travel".
Those that have done the "Idiot Scratch", raise your hands.

:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks, I really appreciate the information. It definitely helps. I found rotating it from 6:00 to 3:00 helps seat it flush/home.

I also called Sig today. The said it will take a several dozen disassemblies to loosen up. The frame module / takedown lever tolerance(s) are so tight the O-Rings take a while to work in. Don’t over lubricate!!!

Take care everyone, stay safe
The 320 Newbie

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
If you apply a tiny bit of silicone grease to the O ring before installing you may not need any kind of hammer...at least I don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts