SIG Talk banner

X5 Owners....

2669 Views 28 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  northlight
Sig just announced free shipping for 2 days.
But what I wanted to let our X5 owners know is that the Hogue X5 knife is available. This is an extremely well made knife using a super steel CPM-154.
I went ahead and ordered one for myself.
Gonna be a great edition to the X5's that I own.
Hogue also has a beautiful fixed blade knife with a Rosewood handle and the blade steel is blasted to look like a stainless Sig. A very nice addition for our SSE owners.
Just thought I would share this for anyone that may want one. Thanx.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
5,319 Posts
What company manufactures this knife for Hogue?

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What company manufactures this knife for Hogue?
AFAIK, Hogue does, and they do a great job man.
They have a lot of knives out. The knife guys really like em too. Im into pocket knives as well and Hogue is doing things right. Every bit as good as Spyderco or ZT.
But to better answer your question Hogue does collaborate with custom knife maker Allen Elishewitz.
Good stuff....

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dude, those knives are $180+

If i were spending that much on a knife, no way in hell i'd spend it with SIG or Hogue.

They aren't knife makers....
Your evidently ignorant about knives if you think Hogue cannot make a good pocket knife. And thats not a bad thing. Just ignorance is all.
As I said before, the quality of a Hogue knife is as good or better than either Spyderco or Zero Tolerance. Sig, did very well in choosing who makes their blades.
Rick Hinderer, Daniel Winkler, Zero Tolerance and Hogue.
Some of the best in the world....

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
touche, i don't know much about knives.

Just saying.... Id rather buy a benchmade or something or spend with a company thats been making knives.

VS. sig pulling a marketing gimmick on people just like the Legions...
Thats the thing though. Believe me, I know how Sig can be lol......they can be real d-bags about stuff! Just like you said, gimmike.....
But, they really did do well with choosing their knife makers.

· Registered
5,319 Posts
AFAIK, Hogue does, and they do a great job man.
Interesting.

I ducked out of knife collecting around the time when S30V was common, ZDP 189 and S90V were tops, and CPM M4 was just being introduced.

Reactions: sigke

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting.

I ducked out of the knife collecting around the time when S30V was common, ZDP 189 and S90V were tops, and CPM M4 was just being introduced.
Cool!
Not a whole lot has changed. Just more kinds of powdered steel :)
I really like 10V and K390. But also very excited to try CPM-154.
That darn ZDP 189 has crazy edge retention like s90v, but man, did I have a tough time sharpening it lol....
M4 is really nice too. My favorite though is CTS 204P.
Its middle road edge retention (vanadium (4) ) and has a high chromium content (19 I think ?) and its easy to sharpen. A wonderful stainelss steel.

· Registered
5,319 Posts
Cool!
Not a whole lot has changed. Just more kinds of powdered steel :)
I really like 10V and K390. But also very excited to try CPM-154.
That darn ZDP 189 has crazy edge retention like s90v, but man, did I have a tough time sharpening it lol....
M4 is really nice too. My favorite though is CTS 204P.
Its middle road edge retention (vanadium (4) ) and has a high chromium content (19 I think ?) and its easy to sharpen. A wonderful stainelss steel.
Hm.

I'll have to read up on those... :lol:

Reactions: sigke

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, I ordered this knife on the 9th.
Ill be lucky if I get it this Saturday with FedEx Smartpost.
Thats just ridiculous slow imo lol...
Also had to pay $15 tax. I reckon they count dealers selling their pistols in NC.
If I had knew FedEx was this slow, Id had just opted for USPS Priority if I couldve...
Oh well.

· Registered
6,377 Posts
Thank my friend :)
Btw, just scored some really nice Nill grips with the Sig logo on them for my Competition.
Ill post a pic up when I get them.
Excellent! Also got mine a few years back (from Sig) for my Competition, if you remember. I wanted the Sig logo for it instead of Nill.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.