SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone know the thread size for the Compensator’s tightening screw?

Thank you.

Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone know the thread size for the Compensator’s tightening screw?

Thank you.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
if you have original X5 Open compensator it´s M3.5
But it is not a regular screw. It is called "Dehnschraube" I don`t know if "stretch screw" is the correct translation.
I also don`t know why Sig Sauer use a screw like this...:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for the reply!

Just a quick follow up question, the M3.5 screw is for the top of the compensator, correct? What about the for the screw that goes on the side of the compensator? Thank you.

(I’ll fix the image if it’s not showing up correctly)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Which version of the Open would be my first question. If it's the gen 1, there are 2 different compensators, though I'd guess that they would use the same screw. Once you get the picture fixed I can see if I have a match to check, though M3.5 would seem to be correct size wise as G-C-G said.

Also if it's a Gen 1 then you are the 4th person that I know to also have one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mine would be a gen 2. All the screws are missing so I'm just trying to find the right screws to "complete" the comp.

Since I got the pictures working, just want to share a picture of some of my X5. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of the Sig X5.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
WOW, nice collection! Thanks for sharing the picture.

Reactions: Just Plain Cliff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for the reply!

Just a quick follow up question, the M3.5 screw is for the top of the compensator, correct? What about the for the screw that goes on the side of the compensator? Thank you.
None of the screws on top of the compensator are for tightening the compensator!
There is only one screw (M3.5) for tightening. This one is on the bottom-right-side.

Screws on top and front are regular metric studs: M5 length: 5mm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts