SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I’m new to the forum and just have a quick question can anybody recommend to me a holster that I can use in USPSA for my x5 thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used my CompTec for my X5 Legion in a steel challenge match for the first time today. It worked fine. I'd prefer the Blade Tech but they don't make one in Kydex.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Blade Tech Signature works out really well for me. Unfortunately they sell it with their Tek-Lok or belt attachment which won't work with the grip heavy Legion X5. Their paddle takes care of that issue

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have a Blade-Tech I got from another member here on the site. It has the belt loops and works fine for my P320 M17, VTAC X-Five, and my Legion X-FIVE, which I shot today at the local club Action Handgun match using that holster. Used the last 3 boxes of Remington 115-gr. ball I had. Pistol ran perfectly. Can't say the same about the operator...

Oh, the Blade-Tech Signature holster is available from Dillon at a very good price:
https://www.dillonprecision.com/blade-tech-signature-holsters_8_22_26530.html

For magazine pouches/carriers, I highly recommend KYTEX pouches. They take up very little real estate on your gun belt and retain the magazines like a vault. They got 4 P320 pouches to me in under a week in time for the Massad Ayoob MAG 20 class earlier this month in Albuquerque (where I used my P320 X-VTAC). The 4 magazines took up less space than three singles by any other Kydex mfgr. I have tried or seen.
http://www.kytexgear.com/

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you want the cream of the crop, hands down, the best USPSA holster on the market is the Vice by www.gxproductsusa.com

Double layer holster, impeccable finish, more models available than any other holster company I've ever seen, the owner is a nationally competitive USPSA shooter himself, and most unique of all, their quick release lever. You can lock the pistol down between stages so there's no chance it can fall out. Or use it for 3Gun/Run&Gun where you need active retention for long movements, but then want to unlock it on the way for a lightning fast draw when you need it. I have no affiliation at all with the company, just a big fan of their work.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought a cam lever for my Red Hill Holster for McCaster-Carr - Amazon also sells them, and it does create an extra peace of mind that the gun isn't going anywhere when re-setting a stage.

My range has a lot of steel, so I used to have to always keep a hand on top of my gun when bending over to pick up knock downs or plates from a Texas star to ensure it wouldn't fall out. With the Cam Lever no more having to worry about that.

If I could do it over again I would just buy the GX

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you want the cream of the crop, hands down, the best USPSA holster on the market is the Vice by www.gxproductsusa.com

Double layer holster, impeccable finish, more models available than any other holster company I've ever seen, the owner is a nationally competitive USPSA shooter himself, and most unique of all, their quick release lever. You can lock the pistol down between stages so there's no chance it can fall out. Or use it for 3Gun/Run&Gun where you need active retention for long movements, but then want to unlock it on the way for a lightning fast draw when you need it. I have no affiliation at all with the company, just a big fan of their work.

Super nice holster. I wish I had seen this this morning otherwise I would’ve spring for this one. Ended up buying a Black Scorpion with the tek lok attachment. Hopefully, I’m not too disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts