SIG Talk banner

X-series locking block question? All X-series owner please come in!!!

1796 13
Hello guys,

2 months ago, I bought a X-serirs x5 entry from Osage County Guns through Gunbroker. Recently, When I bought the adjustable trigger system and ready to install, I found that the Locking block or may called locking insert is same as my other regular P226, which will not put back in when the adjustable trigger installed. So my question is, Did I do it wrong? or the Entry has to change locking block to install adjustable trigger group? Thank!

Problem Solved! just need another billet-machined locking insert to swap this one
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· 🎖USA Veteran
56,730 Posts
hole in the front of the locking block is the last adjustment/pre-travel for the adjustable trigger & i'm not sure if the hole i'm seeing is for that adjustment.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hole in the front of the locking block is the last adjustment/pre-travel for the adjustable trigger & i'm not sure if the hole i'm seeing is for that adjustment.
I googled some other X5 pics, and found that the X5's locking block should be bottom open to allow the access of adjustable trigger. So that comes new problem. Does Entry model come with the regular locking block or the dealer swap the parts?

· P228 Sherpa
8,261 Posts
Hello guys,

2 months ago, I bought a X-serirs x5 entry from Osage County Guns through Gunbroker. Recently, When I bought the adjustable trigger system and ready to install, I found that the Locking block or may called locking insert is same as my other regular P226, which will not put back in when the adjustable trigger installed. So my question is, Did I do it wrong? or the Entry has to change locking block to install adjustable trigger group? Or the dealer swap the German made parts? Thank!
I googled some other X5 pics, and found that the X5's locking block should be bottom open to allow the access of adjustable trigger. So that comes new problem. Does Entry model come with the regular locking block or the dealer swap the parts?
Accusing Osage of swapping parts? Not cool.

· Registered
32 Posts
You may be putting it in wrong, if you are the locking block will sit about 1/4 inch to far to the rear and won't fit correctly.

You have to orient the trigger pin correctly then the locking block has to slide in at a slight upward angle so that it corresponds with the groove in the trigger pin.

· Registered
33 Posts
I can assure you that we didn't swap any parts on that firearm. From the day it arrived it lived in one of our safes and stayed there until the day that we shipped it to your dealer for transfer. We would never change out a part like that without disclosure.

You might give Sig a call for assistance.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can assure you that we didn't swap any parts on that firearm. From the day it arrived it lived in one of our safes and stayed there until the day that we shipped it to your dealer for transfer. We would never change out a part like that without disclosure.

You might give Sig a call for assistance.
I'm truly sorry for my suspect thoughts. You guys are great. At that time, I know that I put the trigger in the right way,but the locking inserts would not fit, and I'm just worried about all possibility.

· Registered
585 Posts
How is this a surprise to you when I clearly responded to your question back in February:

It's very straight forward.. The problem you may run into before you even start: check your locking insert to ensure it isnt "blocked." You'll know right away as soon as you remove the slide and look at the bottom portion of the insert. I've seen the Entry with two different inserts; one allowing the adjustable trigger system to fit and one with a bar or cross section where the trigger components would need to sit.

If you need any assistance I'd be happy to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.