SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
P365 XL, P320 X-Five Legion, M400 TREAD
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently picked up an X-Five Legion (my first legion but my 4th SIG).
Stripped and cleaned/lubed before taking it out for it's first range trip, and I noticed issues with it going into battery after firing. It was slight, but had to push the slide to get it into battery more often than not. This happened alot with 115gr (Winchester White Box as well as Blazer) , but when I swapped to 124gr (Blazer) it did not.

I guess my question is, is this common? Did anyone else have this issue on their new pistol? I'm wondering if 115 is just too weak, or if it just needs to be broken in more.

Appreciate any input/feedback. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
This is a common issue. It has been recommended that one use the lighter recoil spring for the first 200 rounds. I had this with both of my X 5s and after 200-300 rounds I went back to the heavier spring and even the lighter loads have been 100% for over 12,000 rounds.

Reactions: Ddeuce22

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a common issue. It has been recommended that one use the lighter recoil spring for the first 200 rounds. I had this with both of my X 5s and after 200-300 rounds I went back to the heavier spring and even the lighter loads have been 100% for over 12,000 rounds.
Thanks for the heads up!! Next time I take it out i'll swap the spring before doing so.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I’ll second RoyConley. This is common on the X5Legion. You get used to it after awhile. I tend to run into this dry firing, but it happens with live ammo too. I went with a lighter spring when I first had it, but I’m now running a 14 lb spring and not having an issue. I’ve probably got a couple thousand rd’s through mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems the battery issue resolved itself after about 200 rounds through. never even swapped the spring. zero issues now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts