SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello together

In the operating instructions of the x-five allround it is written that the magazine may not be used when dismantling the sled (complete upper system). Chapter 7. Is this a safety-relevant warning or can the gun be damaged if the empty magazine has been forgotten in the pistol?
Many Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
The magazine must be removed for the gun to be field stripped. The slide will not travel forward with a magazine in place. If you force it I imagine you could cause damage.

This applies to almost all pistols and all p series sigs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many Thanks. Unfortunately, this happened to me once. I have the slide carefully forward and forget the empty magazine. There were, however, no obstacles. The slide could be withdrawn without resistance. I looked at it exactly. The slide
does not touch the magazine and has enough space. Therefore, I thought the warning could only be safety-relevant?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
Ok, of course, it is a standard measure for security, which I am aware of. Still, I'm a beginner. I just forgot the empty magazine. I could dismantle the slide quite easily. However, I am still afraid to have damaged something without seeing it. Now I hope for an experienced x-five owner, who can tell me whether the empty magazine is no problem in the x-five (of course it is a security problem) Or whether I need to look at a specific part, whether it has been damaged. Then I would be reassured.

That's what i mean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.