SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just acquired a P320C (I think).

It has the 4 grooves in the rail and the slide is flush with the end of the grip unit. Barrel is a little over 3 1/2 " (3.6 maybe - not sure where you measure from)

I like the pistol a lot with one small exception: the grip is somewhat oval (I'm used to Glocks) and just a tad bulky for my hand.

I've been reading about the X-Compact and wondering if I could find a grip module I like better.

What are your opinions of the X-Compact grip?

Do they come in different sizes?

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Congrats on your P320. It appears to be a P320 Compact with a 3.9 " barrel. Based on the trigger shape, it might not have been through the SIG voluntary upgrade program. I suggest that you research that.

If you like the shape of the Glock grip, I suggest that you consider installing a SIG X grip module. I installed one and I like it.

Several size options are available:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts/grip-modules.html

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not an X-Compact. The X-Compact has the flat trigger and longer beavertail. Might be the earlier Compact model.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is X-Series Compact and X-Compact: two different things. X-Compact has 3.6" barrel, while X-Series Compact is like yours - 3.9", but with flat trigger and X grip. You can buy the X-grip, but you'll need new style mags too (or, at least the base pad of the mag should be replaced to new style with rectangular notch on the bottom).
If you remove the slide and make pics of the internal side of the slide and/or upper portion of the fire control unit (FCU) then it will be obvious if your gun went through the upgrade or not.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I turned my Compact into an XCompact and love it. I used a ProCut slide and put in a flat trigger. I swapped the mag floorplates to the round Sig logo ones so they work in the XCompact grip module.
Bonus: the XCompact grip module accepts the 21-round magazine from my M17. Makes for a nice back up magazine.
P.S. I changed my M17 from the medium to the small grip module. It's not a really big change, but I like it better. The "S" or "M" are marked on the rear of the grip, at the bottom. My P320C came with a medium grip module.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats on the new Sig. Looks like a compact just like mine(except mine is post upgrade). I installed an X-series (small) grip on mine and love it. I really fits my hand nice and the longer beaver tail gives you better control on recoil.

Reactions: safinsd

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Congrats on your New to You P320.

Because you have the fat Pre "Voluntary Upgrade" Trigger... before you do anything I recommend that you determine if your P320 is available for Sig's "Voluntary Upgrade"

Go to this Site and enter your P320 Serial #...

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/us-consumer-p320-voluntary-upgrade-program/

This website explains Sig's "Voluntary Upgrade" Program..

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/

You can usually tell at a glance if a P320 had gone through the "Voluntary Upgrade" by looking at the Trigger..
If you see a Old Style Fat Trigger like yours it usually means that it has not had the "Voluntary Upgrade"

Sig P320 "Before" Voluntary Upgrade: ( Fat Trigger like yours)

001 Before Upgrade.jpg

Sig P320 "After" Voluntary Upgrade: (New Thin Trigger)

002 After Upgrade.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
Congrats on your New to You P320.
Because you have the fat Pre "Voluntary Upgrade" Trigger... before you do anything I recommend that you determine if your P320 is available for Sig's "Voluntary Upgrade"
Go to this Site and enter your P320 Serial #...
https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/us-consumer-p320-voluntary-upgrade-program/
This website explains Sig's "Voluntary Upgrade" Program..
https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/
You can usually tell at a glance if a P320 had gone through the "Voluntary Upgrade" by looking at the Trigger..
If you see a Old Style Fat Trigger like yours it usually means that it has not had the "Voluntary Upgrade"
Sig P320 "Before" Voluntary Upgrade: ( Fat Trigger like yours)
View attachment 363306
Sig P320 "After" Voluntary Upgrade: (New Thin Trigger)
View attachment 363304

Also

After upgrade you can see they drilled out part of slide as to accommodate the wider overhang on the FCU

:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,051 Posts
This is my X-Compact. It has the best grip of any Sig I have ever owned. Mine is a medium grip and it fits my hands perfectly.

Reactions: safinsd

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sent my P320C off to Exeter yesterday after talking with Customer Service. Getting the "Voluntary Upgrade" + a flat trigger and have ordered an X-Compact Grip module.

Guess I may have to order a couple new floor plates.

The "Lady" at Fed Ex told me she could not ship a firearm with the Fed-Ex logo on the outside (???), and I told her the Sig CS guy told me they'd give me a box for it with the label I printed out.

I suggested she turn the box inside out, which she finally agreed was do-able.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
You will be happy with the Results!
The VU was one of the best things I did for my 320 Compact RX!

Is Sig installing a Flat Trigger or something you are going to do when you get it back?

Guess I may have to order a couple new floor plates.
No you don't Your current Magazines will work just fine in a X-Compact.
The Compact Floor Plates side wings are rounded and bulge out at the sides.
You just need to flatten them out and the mags will fit into the X-Compact Grip.
You can do this with a Dremmel Style tool and a round sanding attachment or a file.
I converted 4 magazines using the Dremel method in about 10 minutes..Very Easy!

·
Registered
286 Posts
There is X-Series Compact and X-Compact: two different things. X-Compact has 3.6" barrel, while X-Series Compact is like yours - 3.9", but with flat trigger and X grip. You can buy the X-grip, but you'll need new style mags too (or, at least the base pad of the mag should be replaced to new style with rectangular notch on the bottom).
If you remove the slide and make pics of the internal side of the slide and/or upper portion of the fire control unit (FCU) then it will be obvious if your gun went through the upgrade or not.
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say
"There is X-Series Compact and X-Compact: two different things. X-Compact has 3.6" barrel, while X-Series Compact is like yours - 3.9", but with flat trigger and X grip."

As far as "compact" and "X" is concerned is there more than one gun?

As far as I know there is only an "X Compact" with the 3.6" barrel.

What is the "X-Series Compact" with the 3.9" barrel?

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
The OP has a non-VUPgraded p320 compact...

There's an X-Compact (3.6 in barrel), an X-Carry (3.9 in barrel)...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say
"There is X-Series Compact and X-Compact: two different things. X-Compact has 3.6" barrel, while X-Series Compact is like yours - 3.9", but with flat trigger and X grip."

As far as "compact" and "X" is concerned is there more than one gun?

As far as I know there is only an "X Compact" with the 3.6" barrel.

What is the "X-Series Compact" with the 3.9" barrel?

I have seen a 3.9" P320C mentioned on the web site, but think it was a mis-print because the barrel on MINE was only a bit over 3 1/2". Of course with the modular design, you could come up with a LOT of different variations.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The OP has a non-VUPgraded p320 compact...

There's an X-Compact (3.6 in barrel), an X-Carry (3.9 in barrel)...
That is my understanding as well.

I have seen a 3.9" P320C mentioned on the web site, but think it was a mis-print because the barrel on MINE was only a bit over 3 1/2". Of course with the modular design, you could come up with a LOT of different variations.
Not a misprint. The standard 320 Compact (320C) has a 3.9" barrel.
The X Compact has a 3.6" barrel.

Your grip module has four slots and the slide/barrel is flush with the end of the module. That implies that your gun has the 3.9" barrel.
Whether it is exactly 3.9" or not...???

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got my P320C back from the factory this morning. NINE Days after sending it off.
They had done the Voluntary Upgrade stuff as well as installing a Flat trigger.

I took it and my P365 to the range this afternoon and put about 40 rounds through the 320 and 50 through the 365. I was trying mostly to shoot for accuracy from10 yards, and to get used to the flat trigger.

I like the flat trigger better than the old heavy curved one. I had to get used to the Sig "Combat Sight Picture" and felt myself flinch a couple times, but started getting the point of impact up where it belonged.

Finally did a few timed "Draw from concealment" double taps from 5 yards with the 365 and got the time into the low 2 second range, but it still needs a lot more work.

Anyway, I'm happy to have my Compact back and am looking forward to installing he X-Compact Frame I ordered 2 days before I sent it to Exeter, which is still in process of getting to me.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts