SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just ordered x compact Rxp
(320XC-9-BXR3-RXP) and I’m little confused which magazines I can buy for this pistol
Can I use any p320 mag?
Can I use m17 or m18 21 round?
Can I use 17 round legion mags? (Sig website says only compatible with legion series)
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
307 Posts
Any P320 mag from a Compact or larger pistol (that holds 15+ rds) will work in your Compact grip. So yes, the 17rd and 21rd will work, but they will stick out. Legion mags will work as they are the same bodies as the 17rds except they have the Legion basepads. The only ones that won't work are the Sub-Compact mags.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any mag that is meant for compact or larger will work, but for a flush fit, your X-Compact grip requires the newer magazine floorplate and floorplate insert with the square at the bottom. Older compact mags that have the old floorplate and insert with the circle will not fit, but you can buy just the floorplate and insert to upgrade any older mag. I ordered some new mags from gunmagwarehouse and they came with the newer floorplates--and most do because the new footprint is backwards compatible, but it won't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you everyone, just ordered 2 x-5 legion magazines
I like the way they are kind of smaller at the bottom. It was pretty expensive though.��

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
The Reason the X-Five Legion Mags have a smaller square basepad:.Is so they can fit Flush into a Legion X-Five Magwell which the X-Compact does not have.

A P320 Legion Mag Basepad.jpg A P320 320x5-9-legion-17 Bottom.jpg

Not sure how that will look in a X-Compact Grip.
Do they Make the X-Five Legion Mags in a 15 Round Magazine?

The 15 Round Magazine & Baseplate for the X-Compact.

A P320 mag-mod-c-9-15-Bottom.jpg A P320 mag-mod-c-9-15 Side.jpg A P320 mag-mod-c-9-15 Back.jpg

·
Registered
726 Posts
... your X-Compact grip requires the newer magazine floorplate and floorplate insert with the square at the bottom. ...
FYI, for those that do not want to trim the wings on the older design floorplate (Round hole with Sig Sauer on it), and instead get the newer design floorplate separately (Rectangular hole with SIG on it) to upgrade your mag , you do not need to get a "newer" design insert.

The older design round peg internal insert that connects to the bottom of the spring will work in the newer design rectangular hole.

I have been lucky with eBay and bought about 18 of the newer design floorplates (mix of black and red) for less than $2 each.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts