SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a NON-legacy slide for my German Frame P229 40 S&W. Yes, That's right, a NON-Legacy, NON-short extractor, NON-half cocking serrations.

Again..A LONG extractor, FULL serration slide for a P229.

I know, I must be weird, but I do not like the Legacy slides.

I have searched for this information all over this forum and others for quite some time now, and can not confirm that when you order a Cal X-change kit from SIG, TGS..or whomever, that I will get the NON-Legacy slide. Some picture the Legacy, short extractor slide and some show the standard 9mm slide for the exact same part #.:confused:

Can someone please confirm that if I order the
Caliber X-CHANGE Kit P229 357SIG
SKU : CALX-229-357-BSS
That I will, in fact, get the NON-legacy, Long extractor, full height cocking serration slide ?

If I seem frustrated, its just because I AM! I have spent way too much time and effort than should be required to find one of these slides. I see people all over the net with 40Cal & 357SIG P229s with regular slides and yet the response I usually get is "only 9mm P229s come with the NON-Legacy slide" :mad: Respectfully, That's BULL SH*^!

·
Registered
23,648 Posts
The "Legacy" ones are no longer produced.
It would be rare to find one for sale new.
Also, most of the better dealers, like TGS or Osage County Guns, know the difference and will state it in the ads if it is a Legacy.

Reactions: Shooter Magavin

·
Registered
23,648 Posts
...I see people all over the net with 40Cal & 357SIG P229s with regular slides and yet the response I usually get is "only 9mm P229s come with the NON-Legacy slide" :mad: Respectfully, That's BULL SH*^!

And yes, that if bovine scatology.

·
Registered
23,648 Posts
Witness my P229 SAS Gen 2 .40S&W and P229 Stainless Elite (SSE) .40S&W, both with modern slides.

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you GBIA, That is Great information on good authority, you even provide photographic evidence of these elusive specimen. :D

I saw your post about a year ago about getting a Legacy slide and how surprised you were. So I was hoping that maybe, by now, they were gone or at least rare.

This is what I'm looking at, the picture is not the Legacy and there is no reference to it being a legacy...So, what ya'll think..?
Caliber XCHANGE Kit P229 357SIG only works with P229 22LR 2 Step models CALX-229-357-BSS

·
Registered
23,648 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Osage County Guns lists it on their site for $389 but they are out of stock.

Buy Sig Sauer P229 .357 Caliber Exchange (X-Change) Kit - 12RD for $389.00 | CALX-229-357-BSS
Yeah, I actually went there first, But they ain't got one for me so... Off I go.

Thanks, I might shop around more. All State Police Equip Co. wants $22 American just to ship this thing :( Really guys? $22 ? :rolleyes:

BTW: That black SAS melted 229 is what I think would make the perfect EDC pistol. Yes sir, nice sidearms you got right there..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.