Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a Walther P22. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
499 Posts
Good luck on your search. I ended up purchasing a PPK/s.

Reactions: JDrive

·
Registered
246 Posts
I can't recommend the P22. It is a jam-o-matic.
There was a used one in the case at a gun store we stopped at 2 months or so ago and I looked at it, possibly for my friend who didn't yet have a .22 and also doesn't have unlimited gun/ammo funds.

The folks at this store are honest. When I asked the young man if these Walters were ammo picky he sort of smiled and said, "Yes, they can be!" The smile added a lot of information to his words. He couldn't tell me to stay clear of that gun (since it was for sale in that store), but he did the best he could.

My friend wound up buying a new S&W .22 compact, as I had originally recommended.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the Target model and using high-velocity ammo I haven’t had any problems. I put the bridge mount and a red dot sight on it; a few raccoons have been sent to Valhalla with it...

I might part with mine, But if he’s just looking for a new one Gun Broker has them starting at about $399 and up.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'm with the Range Master here. I have the 5" Target Model too. Mine runs like a "Rolex" ... I've been shooting mainly CCI Pistol Match and some S&K Pistol Match Special and after several hundred rounds I've yet to have a failure of any kind. I really bought it for my wife to plink with because of the small grip size but I really like shooting it too.

I do think there might be a difference in some models of the P22 .... it's seems that some of the shorter barrel types are built by GSG while the 5" Target is actually built by Walther.... from the ones I've looked at there does seem to be a difference. However I'm not really sure this is the case ... just somethings I've heard and read.

But if it were me I would search out the 5" Target Model if you can find one.... I love mine.
DSCF0770 (2).JPG

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm with the Range Master here. I have the 5" Target Model too. Mine runs like a "Rolex" ... I've been shooting mainly CCI Pistol Match and some S&K Pistol Match Special and after several hundred rounds I've yet to have a failure of any kind. I really bought it for my wife to plink with because of the small grip size but I really like shooting it too.

I do think there might be a difference in some models of the P22 .... it's seems that some of the shorter barrel types are built by GSG while the 5" Target is actually built by Walther.... from the ones I've looked at there does seem to be a difference. However I'm not really sure this is the case ... just somethings I've heard and read.

But if it were me I would search out the 5" Target Model if you can find one.... I love mine. View attachment 374283
PaulWVa:

Mine looks pretty much like yours, except in green!

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
Walther offered a kit pistol w/ 2 Bbl lengths distributed by S&W w/ gray frame & interchangeable rear frame back straps & front sight options.
S&W does NOT service the P22's.

Walther offered a red laser that slipped onto the rail/dustcover.

My SIG_nificant other has the kit pistol w/ laser set up & runs std velocity LR ammo w/o issues since the late 90's from it's introduction.

Run hyper velocity ammo & the pistol will be beat up in short order.

Op,
Do you need parts to fix a pistol?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys I will let him know. If you want to sell let me know price he is willing to buy now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts