SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a Sig Sauer P365 at my local gun shop. Included in the purchase was a gray SIG case, magazine redemption form for the second magazine due to coronavirus, owners manual, and gun lock. My question is with the “Sig Sauer” and 9mmx19 on the barrel. On most of the barrels I’ve seen, those letters are nice; crisp, and precise. However, on mine the letters looks like they were hand engraved, and extremely sloppy. I’ve had others tell me that it’s a fake barrel or knockoff barrel. I just don’t see how it could be. There is no way the gun had been used before I bought it. Is this normal or what?

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks odd to me too. I would contact SIG and see what they say.

It looks way better than what you could do by hand. Wondering if perhaps barrel was not secure when it was done?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Jcrisp is probably right. Appears that anytime there is horizontal movement in the cut the barrel shifted down making the cut travel up. That would appear as an insecure barrel in the machine. I would have no doubt it is a factory barrel since you bought it new, just a sloppy job in the cut.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,041 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Jcrisp is probably right. Appears that anytime there is horizontal movement in the cut the barrel shifted down making the cut travel up. That would appear as an insecure barrel in the machine. I would have no doubt it is a factory barrel since you bought it new, just a sloppy job in the cut.

I was thinking the same thing or a chipped or broken engraving tool which if it was a broken tool it would be rougher in more spots. I looks like a misload or a loose load on the engraver.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was thinking the same thing or a chipped or broken engraving tool which if it was a broken tool it would be rougher in more spots. I looks like a misload or a loose load on the engraver.
Look how deep the engraving is too.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I don't think I would worry about it that much..Hey you have a 1 off Original different from everyone else's P365.

A conversation piece around a really bored place.
Put some White Nail Polish in the letters.

A Sig P320 Compact RX.jpg

·
Registered
847 Posts
I would call them, that is really bad.

Definite problem if you go to sell it and someone notices it, it does not "look" factory for sure.

But it is kinda interesting so if you are going to keep it for life, maybe just keep it?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes, manufacturing defect.
Maybe a slipping milling fixture not holding the barrel tight enough during the ball end mill work on the lettering.

Sig is trying to keep up with demand, but that barrel "Escaped" quality control and made it out the door.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just looked at my spare (I bought it for Christmas 2019). The engraving pretty much looks like yours...

Blessings,
DocS

·
Banned
597 Posts
In less than an hour I will be sitting in a CEO's office. Under no circumstances will he sacrifice quality for ANY reason. He will be late on delivery, fix mistakes on his nickel and make the very few quality problems he has right very quickly.

I think he and the CEO of Sig have different expectations.

·
Registered
283 Posts
In less than an hour I will be sitting in a CEO's office. Under no circumstances will he sacrifice quality for ANY reason. He will be late on delivery, fix mistakes on his nickel and make the very few quality problems he has right very quickly.

I think he and the CEO of Sig have different expectations.
Sounds like what I've heard numerous times about Mr. Imperato at Henry Repeating Arms.

From what I've heard on this forum, SIG CS is pretty good too.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Contacted SIG, they said that this is normal as they have had numerous different fonts used.
I would have to not agree with that, CS or no CS. Sig would most likely have to create a die for each of the "multiple" fonts which makes no sense.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts