SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P238 is in like new condition and so is the P224. All of my other guns are 9MM with the exception of the P238. I do like the idea of having more capacity that the P224 offers.

Any issues with the P224? I already own a Glock 26 and from what I researched, the P224 and the 26 are very close in size with the P224 offering 2 more rounds in capacity. I would miss the pocket carry convenience of the P238, but would have more confidence with carrying 9MM instead of 380 pistol.

What do you guys think? Would you trade?

Thanks!

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
If you already have a G26 why would you want another gun that is relatively the same size? Seems the P238 fills a niche that none of your other guns do, so if you want a P224 just buy it out right would be my suggestion. I'd be more inclined to trade the G26 for the 224, but that's just me. The .380 is more than enough for what you need in a defense gun.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The 224 is an excellent gun. The 9mm will take a 12 round flush fitting mag or you can put a 15 round extension mag that will give you a full gun butt. Its great having the option to change the butt size depending how your dressing.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I got my 224 about 8 months ago now. Ive since invested in a few upgrades to the SRT & AEP trigger packages and xray sights for it. Its now my little legion

Reactions: ni hao

·
Registered
23,713 Posts
I would sell the P238 and buy a P229. I've held a P224 and I just don't like it. I like my P229s (and others).
Also the P224 was discontinued and (IIRC) I think that there are no more P224-specific parts from SIG.

Reactions: tdubya

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd never sell my P238 as I am too attached to it. I am not familiar with the P224. But I am interested in the P225, especially since Sig made several improvements when they reintroduced it this year. Yes, a P225 just might be my next Sig.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have a P938. I chose it over the P238 for the 9mm. I would not trade for the P224 if it was to be c carry gun. The p224 is bulkier and heavier to accommodate the double stack, it weighs more . My P938 weighs 21 oz. with a full mag and in the holster. The p224 weighs 26 oz on its own.
If you want 9mm I would give a good look at the P938.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I would let it go for the 224 no problem, but I am much more of a 9mm fan than .380, so my opinion is biased. Ad usual, it is a personal decision.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is it an even trade? Do it and sell the Glock. You can always get a better pocket carry pistol like a j-frame or lcp, or just get a p938 if you don't like .380.
This. I've had a colt Govt and mustang that I've carried. I prefer my LCPs for the pocket and absolutely love my 224 which I find to be significantly more accurate than the glock at least for me.

·
Premium Member
4,970 Posts
If I liked those two guns, I'd make that trade. Most 229 parts fit the 224. I don't use 380, and I much prefer the 229.

I once had a 238, and sold it to get a 938 when they came out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.