SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know this is a SIG forum and the comments are likely to be biased in favor of this brand. However, objectively as possible, please comment on this:

I can trade my SIG P320 full-size for a Glock 17 Gen 4 straight-up. I like my SIG but don't love it and have been trying to sell it outright with no takers for more than a month.

Both guns are LNIB, have 3 magazines each, and come with all original accessories. The Glock also includes a Kydex OWB holster.

So weigh in with your opinions. I have no experience with the Glock 17 but have read many excellent reviews.

·
Registered
52 Posts
From a straight-up trade aspect monetarily, it's a sound trade. If both parties are happy, then it's an excellent trade to all involved.

That said, I'd strongly suggest renting a G17 at you local range and trying it out in the hopes of avoiding ending up with just another gun you "don't love." Or you could trade the G17 for something else. ^_^

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
The two guns are on par for value, so the trade is a good one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
OK, I know this is a SIG forum and the comments are likely to be biased in favor of this brand. However, objectively as possible, please comment on this:

I can trade my SIG P320 full-size for a Glock 17 Gen 4 straight-up. I like my SIG but don't love it and have been trying to sell it outright with no takers for more than a month.

Both guns are LNIB, have 3 magazines each, and come with all original accessories. The Glock also includes a Kydex OWB holster.

So weigh in with your opinions. I have no experience with the Glock 17 but have read many excellent reviews.
I see you are in WI too. Out of curiousity, what are you selling your 320 for? I am contemplating selling mine and getting the RX version in its place:)

·
Registered
549 Posts
It seems like a fair trade. The holster is a nice bonus.

I wouldn't do it because I like my P320 FS, but I might do it if I were you.

The question is - do you need the money? Will you end up keeping the Glock or will you also try to sell it?

If you are after the money, then I would just keep the SIG. You can break it up and sell if for parts more easily than you can the Glock.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Glocks are cheap enough if I wanted one I would just buy it outright.
Glocks are no cheaper than P320s. They're actually priced a little higher than the P320, base model to base model.

·
Premium Member
21,852 Posts
Glocks are no cheaper than P320s. They're actually priced a little higher than the P320, base model to base model.
I understand that price wise they are comparable. What I'm saying is polymer guns are relatively cheap compared to all-metal guns. We're not talking about a $1,200+ Legion. So if he wants one just go buy it and have 2 guns instead of 1.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
I understand that price wise they are comparable. What I'm saying is polymer guns are relatively cheap compared to all-metal guns. We're not talking about a $1,200+ Legion. So if he wants one just go buy it and have 2 guns instead of 1.

True...with that, I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
I wouldn't do it personally, but but that's just me.

I think it would be a fair trade if you like Glocks. Another thing to consider is the availability of magazines. Glock and aftermarket mags can be found for cheap prices and are available everywhere.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Even though the trade is very fair, I wouldn't do it unless you know for sure that you like the 17. Used Glocks are a dime a dozen and you will receive less value out of the 17 then you would the 320 if you decided to sell it down the road.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Only you can answer this question because it seems like you're not sold on the P320 and are just trying to get a different gun that you may or may not like. This is a SIG forum but that doesn't really come into play with the way you've presented this. Good luck if you go with the glock. They're not all that. Nor is the P320.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Having owned a few Glocks( the one I still own sits in the gun safe now) I,d keep the 320. Sure its easier to resell a Glock but when the Army roll out for the 320 starts to kick in that Full size won't be easy to get IMO. And Glocks are for sale all over,whereas the resale on sigs are better price wise

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.