SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have legoed together some P226 SAO models in different calibers other than 9mm and the slide on my 357 is a little grayer than the 40. It came off a UU frame and the 40 came from a 47 frame. I bought a 357 Legacy slide a while back to put on the slideless frame I had and it has a finish that matches the frame. I was trying to keep Elite slides on the SAO frames but the color difference is bugging me. So I'm asking what other people would do. Should I leave it alone? Swap slides with the 40? I prefer shooting the 357 over the 40. Or use a non Elite slide to get the colors to match(slide in second picture)?

·
Registered
22,078 Posts
It is exceptionally rare that they even come close because the slide has a Nitron treatment (more of a chemical reaction) on stainless where the frame is a black die applied during the anodizing of aluminum alloy. And variations in smoothness of the surfaces from one gun to the next affects how dark either part appears. It doesn't matter to me. I have many.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,636 Posts
I'm not sure I would have noticed it so, you are ahead of me on attention to detail. I run hot and cold on what bugs me, but if it bugged me, I'd have to get it fixed, period! I don't believe in a "you'll get used to it" philosophy - if it bugs you, fix it. 😊

·
Registered
178 Posts
The slide on my factory M11-A1 is lighter than the frame. I would perhaps call it "graphite" in color, where as the frame is matte black.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I just looked at my P226 and now Its going to bug me. :lol:

I like the way yours looks!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I’ve gotten used to slide/frame color or shade discrepancies. Not just with Sig. Different metals, different finish treatments.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not at all. Both great firearms regardless of the depth of bluing on the steel or aluminum!

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,304 Posts
I'm kind of anal so the color difference would bother me but I'm guessing most people it would not.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Would not bother me at all. In fact I don't even know if some of my guns have a color difference between slide and frame. OK, looked through some of my photos. I see my stock P229CC has a color difference between slide and frame. I never noticed before, and doesn't bother me in the least.
SIG P229CC.JPG

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yup. Nothing here to worry about, I can’t even see it looks like two sweet guns

·
Registered
178 Posts
Would not bother me at all. In fact I don't even know if some of my guns have a color difference between slide and frame. OK, looked through some of my photos. I see my stock P229CC has a color difference between slide and frame. I never noticed before, and doesn't bother me in the least.
View attachment 398482
Wow! That is a gorgeous gun. I love the two different colors. Looks very sophisticated or elegant, or whatever... not sure of the correct word.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
I have a couple like that. I just try to suppress my OCD.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts