SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Would I like aP320?

3K views 43 replies 35 participants last post by  Alpo 
#1 ·
I’ve tried Glocks and M&P’s, and they’re just not my cup of tea.
Is the 320 any different?

#2 ·
For me I got a 320 compact RXP and is the best plastic pistol I have ever had. I put a Wilson Combat grip on it and like it much better than the stock grip. It has never had any malfunction and I find the red dot to be very good to my old eyes. With the drop in firing unit you can change the configuration to suit you.

#8 ·
I hated striker guns until the P320. What actually swayed me is the AXG grip module. The aluminum grip module makes it feel so much better in my hand when shooting. I also like the heft of the Tungsten (TXG) module, but not as much as the AXG.

The other thing I like about the P320 compared to other striker guns, is there is not a trigger hinge or dingus safety...the P320 has a pretty decent trigger for a striker gun.

#10 ·
Bought Ruger/Glock/Smith strikers, then SIG. They all function well, but had annoying things wrong in design. The hand hold (Glock/Ruger), trigger pull (Glock) are so much better on the SIG, and SIG doesn’t have that stupid trigger safety (the Ruger was the most annoying on finger placement/trigger reset).
Got lucky and unloaded the Glock, the resale on the other two are horrible, especially the Smith 2.0 in .40 lol.
Try a SIG 320, it’s a great platform.

#13 ·
I currently have two P320s, both with Wilson Combat grip modules, both with 3.9-inch slides, one in .357SIG and one in 9mm. I also have a P365MS so I'm comfortable with striker fired pistols, as long as they're from SIG. I previously owned a S&W M&P in 9mm, and prefer it over the Glock, which I was required to carry as a duty weapon. I can't stand the grip angle or trigger safety of the Glock, and I find the M&P pivoting trigger only marginally better, but the grip angle is right. The P320 has a natural grip angle (at least for me) and the conventional style trigger is exactly what I want (I did try the flat trigger on a Custom Shop FCU and was less than impressed).

#15 ·
The base 320s and even the m17 and m18 versions are all meh to me. It’s another striker fired. The X versions are a little better. But for me I only own the axg versions, even though I never carry them. I prefer a metal gun over plastic. I like the 320 legions too, don’t own one but they are nice competition/range guns.

#18 ·
The only real way for you to get an answer to this question is to go to a range and rent a P320 or find a friend who has one that will let you shoot it. I was a Glock guy for a long time and while I don't hate the Glock trigger system at all, I really like the flat triggers and the triggers on the P365 and P320 also. One thing I miss about the Glock trigger is the very nice reset they have. The reset on the P320 feels too soft during dry fire but under live fire its not as noticeable.

That is why you need to go shoot the P320 if you want to find out. There really is a difference in holding a gun at the gun counter vs. shooting that same gun on the range.

Best of luck to you.

#25 · (Edited)
It's a good thing there are all kinds of guns out there because we all like something different ... don't we? I have four really different 320s and have yet to find a reason to spend more money to change the grip frames. The reason I bought one to begin with is I liked the feel of the grips better than the Glocks. I did change the one on my 320 Sub-compact, but only to go from the dinky small grip to the medium, rail frame ... it fit me better.

I have done some trigger work, changing from the curved to the flat triggers because of trigger bite. Very easy guns to tune up with many options for triggers, transfer bars and springs. The 9mm and .45 models fit what's in my ammo cabinet quite well. I have no real use for .357sig, .40 or 10mm ... none of that in my backstock and I see no need to add anything else.

I would think any "gun guy" or kitchen table gunsmith would love having at least one 320 of some sorts to tinker on.

Reactions: JGKC9AYC
#27 ·
I got a X, put in a heavy slide spring, modified trigger to >< 3.5 pds, a red dot and flashlight/lazer, use 30, 40 rd mags... and love the soft recoil, rapid fire, easy target acquisition. Took some rds to get NATO to go through reliably but the 100 fps increase I like.
Probably the last pistol I'll ever buy, very accurate easy water hose.

#31 ·
old guy here...1911 old guy. I had tried various tupperware products over the years. My wife likes her M&P compact, etc. So there are actually products regularly available to me.
my first taste of a P320 was from a friend at the range. The trigger felt gritty and what I've come to expect from a striker platform. I think I fired a half dozen rounds and handed it back to him with a polite smile. He agreed and sold the gun a short while later.

so I was hesitant when I decided, out of political spite, to purchase a pistol that gave me some of the highest capacity, was chosen by Uncle Sam as their platform for a "weapon of war"....etc..etc.
but opon picking up an M17 from the local shop, I instantly commented that the trigger felt much better than my bud's early 320. That same bud was with me and he concurred. So at store cost I brought home the M17.
By the time the first 300-400rds were through it, I found I quite enjoyed the ergonomics and the pistol was performing as well as any plastic gun while also feeling more cozy to my 1911 hand.
Again, this was me also stepping down from 45 to 9mm.

Taking advantage of the FCU modularity, I migrated the M17 into the Flux Defense brace and have been thrilled with that.
but that left me wanting a pistol as well....so the M18 came home. My range buds swear the M18 trigger feels even better than the 17. I really can't tell any notable difference, but I'll not disagree on it.

I've got about 700rds now through the 18 and I gotta say, the more I've shot that gun, the more I've come to really enjoy it.
is it a 1911?...nope, not meant to be. But it is a great contemporary platform that works and does not ask me to compromise.
If I want to toss 45 thumpers or if I'm going to carry out for date night, then a Kimber ultra 1911 in 45 is my choice.
Come the day when I'll need to provide more security to safely get my groceries out of the parking lot..round count could matter and that 21rds of 9mm will be an easy choice.

I've been at the range this past year and tried Glocks, M&P, XDM and HK
I'm absolutely happy with my Sig choice.

#32 ·
I love my P320 XCompact RXP. Carry it everywhere I legally can. The trigger is much nicer than my Shield (doesn’t have that hard break) and holds twice as many rounds. It is a bit wider and heavier though being a double stack. Feels great in the hand. Both of mine are 9mm.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.