SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Pretty cool setup. Don’t have a clue where to get one. Maybe an email to Challis and they could tell you. Very informative video by the way and Challis bushings with “O” rings are on my two 1911’s.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got an email back from Brian Challis. He evidently built this station to be used in filming their videos. It is one of kind and he's not interested in making another. He says he is working on a similar model that they will offer for sale in the future.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
So make it yourself. You need to use a mag as the form to create the insert, then mount it on a block that turns longitudinally and clamps in whatever position you wish. Shouldn’t be overly difficult - you already have the idea and can see mostly how it works..

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
Great wood working project, but I don't know about the practically of the station concept. The locking devise would be better if you could just move it individually onto a work bench. I question how many grip sizes you would need to accommodate many different firearms. It seems like it is really only a one function station, which doesn't work for me. The nut an screw bowls are very overdone. I have found that they do make great gifts individually. The one other problem is the lip all the way around workstation. This always seems to ware on the wrist when working on anything.

I do agree with Spookster. I get turned on by good woodworking.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have to get it off my chest.

F'these guys. F'every company making beautiful 1911 "flat" grips that won't make grips for my P226 or P229s.

Whew! I said it.

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts