SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

馃帠USA Veteran
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is another S&W Revolver and follows a pattern in my accumulating history. The gun is a Model 25 (no dash) Target Model of 1955 in .45 ACP. It was originally shipped from the factory in June 1961. The only negative appears to be the non-original grips.

Here are a few pictures.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Font
Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Revolver
Rectangle Material property Font Electric blue Box

馃帠USA Veteran Premium Member
That is sweet! The grips might not be original, but I bet someone paid a pretty penny for them. Besides the Target hammer, I like the trigger, looks like a wide smooth version are more rare yet provide great leverage for double action shooting. Congratulations on a beauty!

Registered
very nice way to start the year!!!

Reactions: lamarw

馃帠USA Veteran
another nice one, congratulations!!

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Once again, nice S&W Lamarw, and you are correct, those grips actually scare me with what appears to be a huge palmswell! I don't know if I could get my hand around it, and reach the trigger!:LOL:

Those grips actually brought back memories of Weatherby cheekrests, from that period!;)

Registered
Congrats! Anytime you win something, it鈥檚 always a good thing. Unless it鈥檚 a gun, then it a great thing!

Registered
It is another S&W Revolver and follows a pattern in my accumulating history. The gun is a Model 25 (no dash) Target Model of 1955 in .45 ACP. It was originally shipped from the factory in June 1961. The only negative appears to be the non-original grips.

Here are a few pictures. View attachment 433770 View attachment 433771 View attachment 433772
Nice. You might try ebay,but expect to pay $$$$$. Try Googling too. I found an original box for My Model 28 made in 1980 When I purchased the Gun in 1981 I was told NIB by the Sporting Goods Store. Turned out two years later I found out it was a Reconditioned.

馃帠USA Veteran
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for the nice and informative comments. I was able to use my C&R license which saves a few bucks. The other advantage to the C&R is the gun can be shipped directly to me.

The search for original grips/stocks has begun. They are scarce and expensive.

馃帠USA Veteran
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks great and must be a real early one with Model 1955 stamped on the barrel.
According to the serial number, this one was manufacture in 1960-61. The S&W Historian informed me it was shipped in June of 1961. The 4 screw version adds 25 to 50% premium to the value.

馃帠USA Veteran
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice. You might try ebay,but expect to pay $$$$$. Try Googling too. I found an original box for My Model 28 made in 1980 When I purchased the Gun in 1981 I was told NIB by the Sporting Goods Store. Turned out two years later I found out it was a Reconditioned.
Yes, I am checking eBay, GunBroker, and various auction houses. One came up yesterday on eBay and is going through the roof price wise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts