·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ATEi offers a choice of their shim sight placed in front of or behind the RMRcc.

Maple Leaf Firearms doesn't eliminate the rear sight when they mill a p365 for a Trijicon RMRcc.

Parker Mountain Machine offers the choice of keeping or removing the rear sight groove.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I just ordered a 3.25 moa RMRcc from OpticsPlanet for my 365. Problem was it’s a SAS version, so I ordered a new slide from Sig. That way I’ll still have it’s use for the month or however long the work will take, then I can unload the SAS slide cheap.

Also i’m unclear on the better finish. Cerakote, PVD or Black Nitride. Any recommendations?

BTW, I don’t see the RMRcc on Maple’s options. You sure about that one?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just ordered a 3.25 moa RMRcc from OpticsPlanet for my 365. Problem was it’s a SAS version, so I ordered a new slide from Sig. That way I’ll still have it’s use for the month or however long the work will take, then I can unload the SAS slide cheap.

Also i’m unclear on the better finish. Cerakote, PVD or Black Nitride. Any recommendations?

BTW, I don’t see the RMRcc on Maple’s options. You sure about that one?
And are you going to use that ported barrel from the SAS with the new standard slide?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Curious if they’d mill a 365xl to fit the RMRcc so an adapter plate wouldn’t be necessary? Not sure how much the adapter raises the red dot on the xl as is but this really bothers me about the RMRcc. Wish they’d just made it so it would fit the factory milled slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
And are you going to use that ported barrel from the SAS with the new standard slide?
No of course not. I actually had an XL originally which I converted to a SAS with a grip, barrel, slide and spring purchase from Sig. The SAS slide was not ported nor was the barrel.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Curious if they’d mill a 365xl to fit the RMRcc so an adapter plate wouldn’t be necessary? Not sure how much the adapter raises the red dot on the xl as is but this really bothers me about the RMRcc. Wish they’d just made it so it would fit the factory milled slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used Maple’s contact page to ask about the RMRcc cuts when I didn’t see on their site. He promptly responded that they weren’t quite ready. Mid next week likely we’ll see it on their site.

Shoot (no pun intended) him an email and ask...

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feel free to post other machine shops milling for RMRcc, and pics of RMRcc optics installed.

Reactions: quid

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Mapleleaf still hasn't updated their site yet with the RMRcc option. I'm thinking about maybe using the Romeo Zero I have been experimenting with on my XL If I can get one of the metal shrouds Sig seems to offer. If so, I'll put the RMRcc on a different gun. I do like the built in backup "iron" (plastic) sight the R0 provides, especially since with the p365 the milling eliminates the rear sight...

Another question would be what treatment to do to the slide after milling. As the P365 uses stainless slides, the finish would be mostly cosmetic. They offer nitride, which is supposed to be identical to factory, but it takes weeks. Cerakote would be fastest, but I never did a slide in CK before so I don't know if I trust it. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
https://wrightarmory.com/pistol/

Not sure where they are on the 365/RMRcc but a worthy shop to have in your favorites. Everything just feels professional and well laid out. I haven't used them before but I am pretty close to sending them a 1911 slide for the RMRcc cut which they are doing now. Worth a call. I couldn't really find any bad reviews either.

Reactions: Mchad

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
https://wrightarmory.com/pistol/

Not sure where they are on the 365/RMRcc but a worthy shop to have in your favorites. Everything just feels professional and well laid out. I haven't used them before but I am pretty close to sending them a 1911 slide for the RMRcc cut which they are doing now. Worth a call. I couldn't really find any bad reviews either.
Thank you. Never enough options!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mark Housel of L&M Precision GunWorks in Lakeview, NC says:

"I have received many calls regarding this new smaller Trijicon RMRcc model. I now have one in hand.

The RMRcc is a slightly narrower optic with the narrower (0.550) mounting hole spacing common to every other optic on the planet. Other than the difference in width, the OAL and general outline of the RMRcc is the same as the original RMR/SRO. This means that the RMRcc will be able to be substituted in many, but not all places the RMR/SRO can be installed.

I will be adding the RMRcc as another optic with a list of supported slides as I am able to verify that the narrower mounting hole spacing does not create a problem.

This does mean that all designs that currently require an adapter will have to be changed substantially and may not support the RMRcc."

https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Yeah, I’m anxiously waiting for my slide to come back. He’s (John @ Maple) had it for about 10 days now and it feels like an eternity...

I’m actually debating cancelling the nitride refinish order, as since the slide is stainless, there’s no need for corrosion protection. John said the RMRcc completely covers the cut, so it’s kind of unnecessary as a cosmetic fix as well.

My G43x however, not being stainless, will definitely need it.

Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I’m anxiously waiting for my slide to come back. He’s (John @ Maple) had it for about 10 days now and it feels like an eternity...

I’m actually debating cancelling the nitride refinish order, as since the slide is stainless, there’s no need for corrosion protection. John said the RMRcc completely covers the cut, so it’s kind of unnecessary as a cosmetic fix as well.

My G43x however, not being stainless, will definitely need it.

Decisions, decisions...

You may want to get that refinish because Sig's stainless tends to rust more easily than some of the other nearly 65 types of stainless on the market.

G43x, or G43x MOS?

Reactions: Mchad

·
Banned
904 Posts
I am curious as well. I have heard that PVD is very durable. Looking forward to more opinions.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Mark Housel of L&M Precision GunWorks in Lakeview, NC says:

"I have received many calls regarding this new smaller Trijicon RMRcc model. I now have one in hand.

The RMRcc is a slightly narrower optic with the narrower (0.550) mounting hole spacing common to every other optic on the planet. Other than the difference in width, the OAL and general outline of the RMRcc is the same as the original RMR/SRO. This means that the RMRcc will be able to be substituted in many, but not all places the RMR/SRO can be installed.

I will be adding the RMRcc as another optic with a list of supported slides as I am able to verify that the narrower mounting hole spacing does not create a problem.

This does mean that all designs that currently require an adapter will have to be changed substantially and may not support the RMRcc."

https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/

Very informative. Thank you for posting.

Reactions: Lancer L5 AWM
1 - 20 of 78 Posts