SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email this morning from Sportsmans Outdoors. They are having a sale.
They have Full Size Equinoxes of the P220 in 45 and the P226 in 9MM. I was in
too much of a hurry last year and purchased a P220 carry model and a P226 Full
Size in 40 S&W.
They also have Winchester 9MM Nato for $99.99 for 500 rounds plus Some other Sigs and FNs on sale
Wish They had a Full Size P229 in 9MM.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,034 Posts
Hindsight: woulda... shoulda... coulda... an affliction that gets us all!!!

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
761 Posts
In situations like this I remind myself, that I have been enjoying my purchase in the mean time, so the extra cost did have some value, in time, and life is short.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep.
Problem with the P220, when I purchased it back in December I thought I was getting a Full Size. I did not know that the "3" after the R meant it was a Carry. Did not figure it out until after I got home and looked at the 2013 Catalog and saw it. I had had the catalog with Me at the show but did not look at it.
As for a Full Size P 229 Equinox, I just googled it and found out that there are No Full size models of the P229 only "carry" models. So I'm out of luck on ever finding a full size Equinox.
Since I've never fired or registered it, I just might decide to try and trade the Carry P220 Equinox in on a Full Size Model P220 Equinox. That is if I can find one.
Did see a P229 Equinox in 9MM at the GS this past Sunday.

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
I paid WAY more for that 6" 10mm 1911 range toy than I could get it for now. But, I wanted it then. And it's pretty when it's all clean and shiny.

I paid WAY more for my P220 DA/SA Reverse Two-tone 10mm than I could have if I waited. But I wanted to make sure I got MINE!! :D

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I paid WAY more for that 6" 10mm 1911 range toy than I could get it for now. But, I wanted it then. And it's pretty when it's all clean and shiny.

I paid WAY more for my P220 DA/SA Reverse Two-tone 10mm than I could have if I waited. But I wanted to make sure I got MINE!! :D
I'm hoping there will be a P229 Equinox in 9MM at next months Gun Show in Houston. The one that I saw this past weekend is the first I've seen in close to a year. There also was a
P238 HD but it was priced a little too high @$699.00. Also could not understand why certain models of the P238 were priced higher that the same model in P938

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
I'm hoping there will be a P229 Equinox in 9MM at next months Gun Show in Houston. The one that I saw this past weekend is the first I've seen in close to a year. There also was a
P238 HD but it was priced a little too high @$699.00. Also could not understand why certain models of the P238 were priced higher that the same model in P938
I'm still puzzled at how a pocket pistol can cost as much as a full-size combat pistol. :huh:

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
There is an HD on Sportsmans Outdoor for $639.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/149613

·
Registered
267 Posts
Beat yourself up. Did you absolutely need that 226 at the time? I would never settle for a 40cal personally as the round is just asinine to me. I just stay patient as I have plenty of pistols to shoot and wait for that 9mm deal to plop itself into my lap. I found mine by emailing a seller on gunbroker and making him a cash offer.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I bought the S&W MP Shield 9MM because it was dirt cheap.
After rebate $245.00 shipped. How could it ever be less?

Well, yesterday PSA sent an email and it is now $30.00 less.
$215.00 after rebate shipped

I was robbed:lolu:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yep.
Problem with the P220, when I purchased it back in December I thought I was getting a Full Size. I did not know that the "3" after the R meant it was a Carry. Did not figure it out until after I got home and looked at the 2013 Catalog and saw it. I had had the catalog with Me at the show but did not look at it.
As for a Full Size P 229 Equinox, I just googled it and found out that there are No Full size models of the P229 only "carry" models. So I'm out of luck on ever finding a full size Equinox.
Since I've never fired or registered it, I just might decide to try and trade the Carry P220 Equinox in on a Full Size Model P220 Equinox. That is if I can find one.
Did see a P229 Equinox in 9MM at the GS this past Sunday.
Don't think you are alone getting a carry when you thought you bought a full sized Sig. Salesman handed me a full sized P227 after looking it over i said i would take it, got me filling out paper work and went off he said to get a brand new one from safe, brought back a box i quickly looked it over did not notice it was a carry.

What the guy did was just push out the carry i only noticed it when i got home but i was really happy with it being the smaller Sig. i did not know there was a carry i had just read an article about the full sized one.

Later when i brought it up to the owner of store they offered to let me swap the carry for a full sized Equinox i just said i was happy with the carry and had invested a lot of money in Ammo. shooting it already.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.