SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a first time AR15 buyer. Want to know people's opinions on a Windham Weaponry MPC vs Ruger AR 556. Both get pretty good reviews at different places on the internet. Windham is a little more expensive and I'm willing to pay for it if it's a better gun.

Anyone shot either of these? Would love to hear what you think. Sig Talk has helped me out a lot in the past, this site is awesome.

Oh, and I would use the AR15 as a plinker (probably not gonna go further than 200 yards) and home defense.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Not familiar with the Windham but I do have a Ruger AR556. I have been really impressed with the Ruger in accuracy and function. No hiccups at all and for the price it is an awesome entry level AR.

·
Registered
444 Posts
No experience with the ruger, but I do have a Windham. They build a very nice gun for the money, I've never had any issues with mine, and it's pretty darned accurate.
My next AR will me another Windham in 7.62 caliber.

Reactions: Parkdub

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am a first time AR15 buyer. Want to know people's opinions on a Windham Weaponry MPC vs Ruger AR 556. Both get pretty good reviews at different places on the internet. Windham is a little more expensive and I'm willing to pay for it if it's a better gun.

Anyone shot either of these? Would love to hear what you think. Sig Talk has helped me out a lot in the past, this site is awesome.

Oh, and I would use the AR15 as a plinker (probably not gonna go further than 200 yards) and home defense.
Or go purchase the Sig M400 AR-15, and you will be very happy

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I do not know about the Ruger AR, I am sure it is a very good AR. I do have a WW in 5.56. The thing that sold me on the WW is their warranty. For instance, if I sold you my WW AR the warranty will transfer over to you and then to whomever you sold it too. They are the only company that I know of that will do that. They must have some faith in their products.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Windham is the "old" Bushmaster before it was bought out by the Freedom Group.

n 2010, prominent AR15 manufacturer Bushmaster Firearms announced that it was moving its manufacturing operations from Windham, Maine to Ilion, New York. This relocation came at the behest of Freedom Group, Inc., who had acquired Bushmaster (with a host of other gun companies including AR15 manufacturer D.P.M.S.) near in time to the announcement that operations would be moving. The 73 employees working for Bushmaster’s Maine plant were going to be laid off and the plant closed, in what was called “a great economic loss to southern Maine” and “a blow to the community”.

Rather than hang up his boots, Richard ****, Bushmaster’s original chairman and owner, decided to restart operations without delay and with the support of Bushmaster’s laid-off employees. **** still owned the property on which the Maine plant was situated and, after obtaining financing, Windham Weaponry was born out of Bushmaster’s Maine ashes. Officially adopting the motto “The Quality Goes In Before The Rifle Goes Out”, manufacturing picked up, and a year and a half later, Windham Weaponry was employing almost as many personnel as Bushmaster had before its new owners decided to leave Maine.

- See more at: Gun Review: Windham Weaponry CDI AR15 - The Firearm Blog

Reactions: vernman and Parkdub

·
Registered
444 Posts
Windham is the "old" Bushmaster before it was bought out by the Freedom Group.

n 2010, prominent AR15 manufacturer Bushmaster Firearms announced that it was moving its manufacturing operations from Windham, Maine to Ilion, New York. This relocation came at the behest of Freedom Group, Inc., who had acquired Bushmaster (with a host of other gun companies including AR15 manufacturer D.P.M.S.) near in time to the announcement that operations would be moving. The 73 employees working for Bushmaster’s Maine plant were going to be laid off and the plant closed, in what was called “a great economic loss to southern Maine” and “a blow to the community”.

Rather than hang up his boots, Richard ****, Bushmaster’s original chairman and owner, decided to restart operations without delay and with the support of Bushmaster’s laid-off employees. **** still owned the property on which the Maine plant was situated and, after obtaining financing, Windham Weaponry was born out of Bushmaster’s Maine ashes. Officially adopting the motto “The Quality Goes In Before The Rifle Goes Out”, manufacturing picked up, and a year and a half later, Windham Weaponry was employing almost as many personnel as Bushmaster had before its new owners decided to leave Maine.

- See more at: Gun Review: Windham Weaponry CDI AR15 - The Firearm Blog
This is precisely why I bought a Windham Weaponry

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
This is precisely why I bought a Windham Weaponry
This is why I bought Windham Weaponry uppers for my AR15 builds too. I own several of the old Bushmaster products and they have always operated flawlessly.

Reactions: Parkdub

·
Registered
596 Posts
I own a Windham. Fantastic rifle of the highest quality, customer service is amazing. Virtually no problems with it. I like the story behind them also. Last year I took their Armorer course run by Academi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts