SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wilson Combat grip just arrived with the tungsten weight kit. Moved my M17 FCU to it. Tried both the M17 slide and my wife's X-Carry slide on it. Haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, just had enough time to install it over my lunch break.

I like the feel of it. I do think I like the regular Carry grip that came with the M17 better than the X-Carry grip. I'll have my wife try all 3 when she gets home and see what she thinks.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wife preferred the feel of the Wilson Combat grip with the weight kit, so looks like I'll be buying one for her X-Carry now.

I shot about 50 rounds with the new grip last night, so far I like it. Definite improvement over the Carry and X-Carry grips, but not as much of an improvement as I was hoping for in terms of weight and balance.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I tried the WC grip but didn't like it. Even with the tungsten weights I didn't like the feel of it. Picked up an X grip with Sig grip weight and I like it much better.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the WC grip but didn't like it. Even with the tungsten weights I didn't like the feel of it. Picked up an X grip with Sig grip weight and I like it much better.
Didn't even realize that was available. $31 more for only 0.1oz more weight than the WC kit seems a bit much though. Just doesn't seem to compare to the TXG Grip (which is considerably more expensive). More to it than just the weight obviously, definitely a personal preference.

·
Registered
423 Posts
did the wilson grip feel as thick as the Sig one? i do like the meaty size of the M18 but the Wilson adds some extra grip and base weight for recoil , plus is more esthetic

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did the wilson grip feel as thick as the Sig one? i do like the meaty size of the M18 but the Wilson adds some extra grip and base weight for recoil , plus is more esthetic
The M17/M18 grip is a Medium Carry. From Wilson's FAQ:

What size is the WCP320 grip module? Small, Medium, or Large?
Measuring the circumference of the grip below the trigger guard, not including the high grip cut, the WCP320
grip module is 5.4" (137mm). That makes it approximately the same size as SIG's small grip module, however
the grip angle and shape are much closer to the timeless design of the 1911, so it's not a direct comparison
between the two
To me, the back strap looks narrower, but the front strap looks wider. My fingers seem to reach the same point when wrapped around any of these 3 grips.

Couple things about it I'm starting to not like about it...

1. It doesn't have the serrations on the front of the trigger guard
2. The front and back strap stippling is pokey to the point of being a bit uncomfortable on my bare hands.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I order and received the WC grip this week and am happy with it. I have a P320 full with a M grip and it felt a little bulbous or fat in my hand. I wear a medium glove. The measurement between the two is very close but the WC is slim enough that I feel it.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I’ve had the WC grip module on my x carry for about 6 months and every time I pick it up I like it even more. Worth every penny. Installed the weights as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My personal opinion, which ain't worth much, is the WC modules are far superior to anything offered by Sig for the 320. I just wish WC offered a railed, subcompact module. That's all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts