SIG Talk banner

Wilson Combat Grip for M-18

504 Views 21 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Tarpon
Has anyone replaced the Sig grip with the Wilson Combat - WC320 grip? It looks great, but are there any problems?
Thanks
Reactions: GLD1980
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
470 Posts
Its dimensions are the same as a small Sig P320 module.

“Measuring the circumference of the grip below the trigger guard, not including the high grip cut, the WC320 grip module is 5.4" (137mm). That makes it approximately the same size as SIG's small grip module, however the grip angle and shape are much closer to the timeless design of the 1911.” -- Wilson Combat P320 Grip Modules | armorycraft

· Registered
75 Posts
You need to try one, then it becomes obvious.

The 320/M17/M18 becomes addictive with the possibilities. There are many options out there, believe me I have a drawer full. For overall comfort/carry/function I think the Wilson Combat module offers the best option. Wait until Wilson has a sale and try one. You will see.

I would offer to send you one to try out but I don't have a spare manual safety module.

· Registered
73 Posts
There are two Wilson Combat grip module options for the M18 (essentially a P320 Carry, with the 3.9" barrel) - the Compact and the Carry II. Both are highly recommended.

You have to cut your own slots for the safety on the Carry II Module, but it is a nice item because the fore end (dust cover) it is a little shorter (only three grooves on the Picatinny rail) compared to the Compact Grip Module (which has four grooves).

The easiest way to cut the safety slots in the Carry II Module is with a Dremel rotary burr bit and the "P320 manual safety template" sold on eBay. The Carry II Module is stock # 320-C2SB in black and 320-C2ST in Tan.

It hasn't been mentioned in this thread but the Wilson Grip Modules allow you to add an additional 1.5 ounces of tungsten rods next to the magazine well to dampen recoil a tad and improve the balance a bit. The rods are also sold by Wilson Combat - stock # NW734

This is my M18, with the Carry II Grip Module, a Gray Guns flat trigger, and a bright yellow front sight from Ameriglo.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

· Registered
2 Posts
The WC grip modules are very nice. Being my paws are medium sized and arthritic I found them a bit too aggressive. I simply could not grip as tight as I like. I have since tried the Mirzon grip$ and really like them other than the price so they now reside on both of my M's.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered the Wilson Combat module and received on Saturday, 28 January. The chassis was not quit as easy to take out of the M18 and install, but I got it done. The grip is a big improvement over the standard grip. The texture is more aggressive and more positive. I plan on getting to the range this week to try it out.
Thanks for the suggestions.

· Vendor
938 Posts
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

The little palm swell feels great. I use them on some of my P320s. We carry them in original black and tan (no sales tax):

.....as well as in Tungsten Gray with additional laser texture for a more friction/better grip:

· Registered
59 Posts
I ordered the Wilson Combat module and received on Saturday, 28 January. The chassis was not quit as easy to take out of the M18 and install, but I got it done. The grip is a big improvement over the standard grip. The texture is more aggressive and more positive. I plan on getting to the range this week to try it out.
Thanks for the suggestions.
The first few times its a PITA but gets easier over time. I had to use a flathead under the front to pry mine out for a few cleanings.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts