SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To clarify; will a third party ever make a grip module including most of the X features (beaver tail, flared mag well, more stippling, etc) that use 12 rd. mags?
I highly doubt SIG is going to do it and Wilson has said they have no interest. I like these features but would like them even more in a smaller 320 package than the current XCompact.
I’m hopeful with more after market folks coming on board with the FCU custom program, that this becomes a possibility. Or that there is one that I’ve missed.
Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The x compact is already as small as the sub compact was what are you looking for?
Shorter barrel?
Shorter grip?
Mostly shorter grip. The XC that I’ve handled is taller than my SC with standard mags and while OK for OWB/IWB doesn’t work as well for deeper concealment. Mag capacity is less important to me so I would prefer as short a grip as possible, because that is what usually prints or prohibits other carry methods.
I know we’re really only talking about an inch or so but it can make a difference. I also realize that I am very much in the minority here but to each his own.
Thanks for helping me further explain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
At this point I doubt it due to how successful the P365 is and the direction sub-compact CCW's are going. At the shop I work at for every double stack sub-compact we sell, we sell 20+ single stack/1.5 stacks. Everyone wants thin. I purchased an X-Carry small size grip module and sent it to Henry Heng (former guy who lead Robar's polymer work) and he chopped it down to 12 round size. I find it more comfortable than the standard sub grip though it was an expensive route to take. His work is spotless.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
To clarify; will a third party ever make a grip module including most of the X features (beaver tail, flared mag well, more stippling, etc) that use 12 rd. mags?
3rd Party..I don't know...

Sig already did..
It's called P365 XL...Enjoy!

* Red Circle = Beavertail
* Red Circle = Magwell - though minimal
* X = Stippling but you can always increase that.

A Sig P365XL main-product_p365xl.jpg

·
Registered
249 Posts
What he said.
Plus you can start with P365 and add longer 365 grip, if you want shorter barrel option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
P365:

With: XL Grip - Manual Safety - 15 + 1 Rounds - Talon's

Sig P365 XL MS 15 Talon.jpg

What's not to like!
The P365's are in my opinion SIG's Best Sub-Compact EDC...Better than the bulkier P320 Sub-Compact..

I believe that the P365 killed the P320 Sub-Compact or a better way to say it better Filled that need.
If you want a Sig Sub-Compact look at the P365!
Then for something larger than the P365 move to the X-Compact or Compact for 15 Rounds Flush Fit Mag..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed.
As I’ve said before, one of the main reasons I bought a SC was to function as a BUG to my issued 320 duty gun. I chose not to go with the original 365 due to mag compatibility and it just felt too thin in my mitts. 365 sales definitely killed the SC. And then they recreated the SC size package with the XL, and with Xseries features. It just uses the wrong mags😁.
Between the XL and the XC the market place is pretty full. It just leaves us odd SC fans a little wanting.
Sorry to dig up this expired equine again. Just thinking out loud I guess.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Agreed.
As I’ve said before, one of the main reasons I bought a SC was to function as a BUG to my issued 320 duty gun. I chose not to go with the original 365 due to mag compatibility and it just felt too thin in my mitts. 365 sales definitely killed the SC. And then they recreated the SC size package with the XL, and with Xseries features. It just uses the wrong mags😁.
Between the XL and the XC the market place is pretty full. It just leaves us odd SC fans a little wanting.
Sorry to dig up this expired equine again. Just thinking out loud I guess.
Like others have said the 365 with XL grip is by far the best option I have seen as a BUG. I used to carry a S&W 38 in stainless on an ankle holster as my BUG. Or in winter in my duty jacket. Had there been the 365 at the time, I would have been all over that setup. 12+1 v 5 shots. What's not to like. Remember its a BUG, not a duty weapon. It's for that moment that you lose your duty weapon or malfunction in COB. Its when its close, personal and no other option. Sight picture and all the other fluff does not matter at that moment. Just going home is, and, "I just want to breath"

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too wonder same thing. The current subcompact is now the “compact” leaves room for a true sub. When the P250 first came out the sub actually was smaller than what they brought out. Old catalig showed this. The P365 is a tru micro.

I would like to see them do an X subcompact.

·
Registered
944 Posts
As my length of years of carry increased I find myself wanting and being able to carry larger guns. I shoot them better and if I were Lord forbid ever to have to use it I want the most combat effective weapon I can carry and still keep it concealed!! The normal XCompact along with a USPC, HKp2000 or G19 I’m to be able to carry just fine without issue. With a solid dedicated gun belt and proper IWB holster it’s a win, win. If your gonna carry.... my opinion... carry the most combat suited firearm you can!!

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,130 Posts
Why would Sig offer an X subcompact when the have the P365, P365SAS and P365XL.

Reactions: joel0019

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why would Sig offer an X subcompact when the have the P365, P365SAS and P365XL.
Because the 320 FCU will likely always offer greater flexibility than the 365.
And again, I don’t expect Sig to make an XSub. It is clear they are downsizing the 320 family, not expanding it. Just hoping that someone would make a grip module that takes 12 rd 320 mags and is a bit more updated than the original.

·
Banned
904 Posts
IMHO something smaller than the sub compact would be in the derringer size. I don't think there would be a market for a 2 +1 Sig pistol.

If you want something smaller, look at the 928, 238, 290. There are enough options as is. I doubt you are going to see Sig producing a micro-compact.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Ya know people have cut down a Grips Dust Cover to match a Slide..

The X-Compact Grip is the same length as a Sub-Compact Slide.
If you want the Grip to match a Sub-Compact Magazine..
I don't see why you can't just cut off the X-Compact Grip (or Grip of your choice) to accept the shorter magazine.

A Sig X-Compact White Red Edit.jpg

I imagine that you would measure from the Mag Release to the Magazine Baseplate for the proper length.
It would just Cost you the price of a Grip to try it...or maybe you have a old grip.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just hoping that someone would make a grip module that takes 12 rd 320 mags and is a bit more updated than the original.
Amend2 announced a P320 grip module that accepts P365 magazines.

But, so far, they’re vaporware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts