SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a P320. I know the gen 2 p250 mags will work and i am also told the grip modules are identical. I looked at a P250 grip and was curious if they are compatible. And can someone tell me what Gen the grip in the pictures? Thanks Guys :)

Attachments

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
The Gen2 grip modules are the same for both the P250 and P320. Not sure about the Gen1 grip module.

The module in your pic looks to be a Gen1. Here's a pic that shows the differences between the Gen1 and Gen2:

P250 Grip Module.jpg

·
Registered
556 Posts
I looked at a P250 grip and was curious if they are compatible. And can someone tell me what Gen the grip in the pictures? Thanks Guys :)
This is tricky. The Pic you are showing is the P250 grip module that was discontinued years ago (2011 I think). I don't know whether or not this on will work with the P320. Technically it is the original Gen 1. However, when people refer to P250/P320 Gen 1 modules, they are typically not referring to the one shown in your pic. My guess is that most would refer to the Grip module in your pic as the "Gen Discontinued" Grip module ;)

The Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 designation for the P250/P320 typically refers to the two shown in picture below. Gen 2 on left and Gen 1 on right.

old-new-grip-shell-0011-1024x678.jpg

These designations were made by customers and not SIG. My guess is that many P320 owners have never even seen the discontinued P250 module shown in your pic. I've never heard anyone refer to a Gen 3 grip module. In actuality, the Gen 1 and Gen 2 modules (shown in my pic) are not all that different - it is just the slide catch lever molding that changed. Really, they should probably be labeled Gen 2A and Gen 2B. But its easier to just go with the masses on this one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It will fit. You can use either a Gen 1 or Gen 2 slide release in a Gen 1 grip. But, a Gen 1 slide release looks better as it lines up with slide release fence, as small as it is on the Gen 1 and 2's.
The real Gen 1 grips are the forgotten Generation. People routinely call the Gen 2 grip a Gen 1 grip, and a Gen 3 grip a Gen 2.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Bumping to the top with another few questions as this thread most appropriately fits my confusion...

I was also an early adopter of the P250 (Gen 1/Gen forgotten). All of my grips and baseplates are of that discontinued style.

Will a P320 FCU fit any of these grips (full size/compact/subcompact)?
Can a P320 X-change kit be assembled to function on these grips?
Will my magazines work properly with an assembled P320 assuming the two preceding questions are yes?

Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I recently purchased a P320. I know the gen 2 p250 mags will work and i am also told the grip modules are identical. I looked at a P250 grip and was curious if they are compatible. And can someone tell me what Gen the grip in the pictures? Thanks Guys :)
The pic is a gen 1, the magazines base plates is the only difference, Gen 2 base plates won't fit in gen 1 frames, if you're incline to use a frame gen 1 have to use mags base plates for gen 1 or cut off the ears on the gen 2 mags (not a good idea)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts