SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the answer is an unconditional "no." But, just figured I'd ask...P225 strut? P229 strut, maybe? E2 struts? Maybe even a P230/2 strut?

I found a trigger bar. Hammers are expensive, but around. Still can't find a damn strut.

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
You're correct, NO is the answer. The abbreviated backstrap length is the reason. The P239 is somewhat unique in construction, not changing from the pinned Strut assembly as the others did. Also, considering the unique Hammer, whether a Classic style strut would fit is unknown. A P224 may be close in size, and uses a shorter nylon seat, but whether it would work with the P239 Hammer is unknown. Plus, it may be as hard to find as the P239 DA/SA strut.

If this is a case, of you trying to convert a DAK to DA/SA, the Custom Shop's conversion would likely be the best option, as they have the parts, but the few they have, are keeping for Custom Shop use.

·
Registered
14,491 Posts
I think the answer is an unconditional "no." But, just figured I'd ask...P225 strut? P229 strut, maybe? E2 struts? Maybe even a P230/2 strut?

I found a trigger bar. Hammers are expensive, but around. Still can't find a damn strut.
Try Numrich Arms. They Keep a stock of odd and outdated parts. I found some Buffers for a 1981 HK 4. They have a schematic showing the parts and list the parts in stock there,.
I even found someP239 parts kits too.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DAK and DA/SA P239s use different struts... both proprietary to the P239, but you can’t use a DAK P239 strut in a DA/SA P239. Numrich is out. So is MGW and Osage.

I might end up going the “mothership” route at some point.Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
So there are there different struts for each type of p239?
The DA/SA and DAO use the same one, the DAK is different. This ia basically the same on "all" models that is also available as a DAK, besides DA/SA and DAO.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The DA/SA and DAO use the same one, the DAK is different. This ia basically the same on "all" models that is also available as a DAK, besides DA/SA and DAO.
Ok good to know. Mine is a DAO. So if I ever decide to convert to sa/da then I can keep the same strut.
So the original posts brings me to this question. Why would you want a new hammer strut? Do they wear out or break?

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
Ok good to know. Mine is a DAO. So if I ever decide to convert to sa/da then I can keep the same strut.
So the original posts brings me to this question. Why would you want a new hammer strut? Do they wear out or break?
If someone has a DAK, and wants to convert to DA/SA, it's a part they will need. The struts will only work with the appropriate hammer(s).

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
Oh Ok. I didn’t realize the OP wanted to convert.
He didn't come out and say that initially, but his later response to my post, lead me to believe that was his initial intent.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One other question...

My current DAK P239 was not originally DAK (I had a DAK .357 P239 and swapped parts with my DA/SA 9mm P239).

If I send the thing to Sig for a conversion, will they work even on it? Or will I get "we don't work on modified guns."?

I supposed I could switch it back and send in the .357.... but that's what I'm carrying/shooting now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts