SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use a DeSantis Mini Scabbard holster for my Nickel finish 238 HD but want to know if the stiff inside of the holster will mar the nickel finish. Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations?

I also have the mini scabbard holster for my 938 SAS as well as my PPS M2Le and CCP but their finish is not of concern.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I believe that the key phrase is "how much will a certain holster wear the finish off a certain pistol/finish" and not "if". Of course there are many variables at play here that could create a wide range of wear from miniscule to OMG! A logo for holsters could be; "Been rubbing the finish off pistols since there were pistols".

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Not sure? But I did carry my nickel 229 for more than a decade in an owb leather holster and it still looks new. Nickel is pretty tough.
What's 'stiff' about the inside of the holster? Is it simply all leather or does it have some sort of liner in it?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Even if a miracle material that does not wear anything ever, is found...the dirt on that material will wear anything over time.

Yes all guns will wear from a holster. If it's a gun safe queen or a museum piece keep them where they belong. The seat in my truck has wear from my butt getting in and out...but I'm not going to start walking to work. :)

A carry gun will eventually look like it has been carried...it goes with the territory.

Reactions: royal

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm so old now that there shouldn't be much wear before I quit carrying it.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Any holster is going to cause wear marks on any gun, so if you're concerned about that then put the gun up and carry one that you don't mind looking like it's actually used. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The patina of holster wear gives it character and makes it uniquely yours. It's the same with my guitars. Some are hanger queens and look like the day they were built. Others are road warriors, and every nick, scratch, ding, and chip has a story behind it. Carry on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.