SIG Talk banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rotating the carry guns for the sake of it doesn't make sense to me (unless you have several of the same). I do carry different guns though, depending on the weather/dress code and where I'm going. None of my carry guns is a SIG :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't wear the same boots everyday.
If I put on a pair of toasted ostrich boots then I have to select a matching belt....and you guessed it...the toasted ostrich holster on hand here only fits my Yeet Canon.

Tomorrow it's going to be the elephant hide in antique ivory. The belt and holster are for my model 19-3 with stag grips.

If it's raining then it will be a plastic holster, rubber grips and a set of rubber shrimp boots. Sometimes in the rain I'll wear my duster with the shoulder sling on the coach gun.

In 45 years of carrying a pistol I've never had to shoot anyone...so it's really all about fashion, isn't it?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't wear the same boots everyday.
If I put on a pair of toasted ostrich boots then I have to select a matching belt....and you guessed it...the toasted ostrich holster on hand here only fits my Yeet Canon.

Tomorrow it's going to be the elephant hide in antique ivory. The belt and holster are for my model 19-3 with stag grips.

If it's raining then it will be a plastic holster, rubber grips and a set of rubber shrimp boots. Sometimes in the rain I'll wear my duster with the shoulder sling on the coach gun.

In 45 years of carrying a pistol I've never had to shoot anyone...so it's really all about fashion, isn't it?
Here ya go. I have rigs from him that are older than some people and still good to go.

·
🎖USN Veteran
320 RXP X- Carry / Wilson Combat Frame
181 Posts
I only carry 1, my 320 RXP X-Carry same one year round in Ohio. Having the right belt and holster set up helps as well as being tall so big shirts help conceal. 1 trigger pull 1 sight picture 1 gun to become familiar with that I know everything about.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I keep reading different posts about people having a forearm rotation regimen for concealed carry, Why? Are you proficient in every firearm in the rotation? Especially under duress.
I will rotate some carry firearms.
I have more than 1 of my usual carry; a revolver loaded with CCI ShotShell for walking my dog; and a smaller carry for times when concealment is most important.
I shoot the same model as my usual carry regularly.

·
🎖USA Retired
235 Posts
I keep reading different posts about people having a forearm rotation regimen for concealed carry, Why? Are you proficient in every firearm in the rotation? Especially under duress.
Chief, I rotate a P365 in warm weather (~4 mo/yr) with a P220 in cool weather (~8 mo/yr). The deciding factors are balancing concealability, determined by clothing, against accuracy at distance. I just bought an M18 at Kirtland AFB BX and may set the P220 aside in favor of the new kid, so operation of the concealed pistols is the same.

Or not....

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Weather and clothing are the only reasons why I rotate. I only rotate in the P365/P320 family and I train with both varieties regularly. I don't mind owning and shooting other platforms but prefer to stick with a single platform for carry and self-defense. I always make sure I shoot that platform more than anything else. If I don't have much time or ammo to shoot in a given time period, carry platform always gets fed.

~B

·
Registered
4 Posts
I rotate often depending on the variables. Striker fired mostly but no manual safeties allowed for any of the carry guns. I feel comfortable with it due to lots of dry fire, holster presentation, and live range time on all of the platforms. Always carried in the same position with the same condition.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I carry a p365x pretty much all the time. I will for sure when I find a 15 round mag. Even in winter. I have carried a canik elite sc. That one has an optic. But I aquire a site picture with iron sights a lot faster. But I practice with both.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Part of the gun culture is the love of firearms. Variety is the spice of life and life is short. Enjoy our hobby, practice with all carry weapons and choose which works best for you that day depending on many variables. I will say staying within the same “manual of arms” is pretty high though. So I stay with NO manual safety and stick with striker fired or HK LEM light variants for my carry weapons.
Gun culture is wholly immaterial to survival.

Conditioned response is material to survival.

·
Registered
16 Posts
EDC p365X. Like a previous poster, pants on = holster on. I can sit comfortably with the p365X. When I know I'll be doing a lot of standing or will be in a place where a slightly longer shot would be required (extremely large church auditorium where the longest shot is 68 yards) I holster a p365XL. They feel exactly the same in the hand, they handle the same, I practice with both and am proficient with both. During cold months when a large coat is worn, I might strap on a Canik with a 5 inch barrel. I practice with it also. Remember, it's not the gun. It's the shooter behind it that makes the difference. I switch for velocity and concealability/comfort.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You damn betcha I am. I wouldn't be carrying a given sidearm if I wasn't , that said the majority of my carry sidearms will have similar manuals of arms...example sa/da Sigs and decocker CZs......or Glock 19 and VP9 , revolvers are always revolvers , differences being recoil and trigger pull between the given example. Along with the variance from 5 to 6 ,7 or 8 rounds.

I'd be in complete agreement that folks need to be competent with any platform they may carry , likewise with the factor of attaining said goal prior to tossing a different platform with a different manual of arms into the mix.

I'd also put forth the opinion that the current media via the 'net has perhaps exacerbated certain syndromes , it's no longer just print media driving fads.......and the John Wick wannabe " I beeeezzDE Wurlddss BessTESt TacTicTardal Twainer" bozos don't help. Freaking psuedo-Gurus some of 'em are.

I hope the ghost of Jeff Cooper haunts some of 'em.

·
🎖USN / USA Retired
368 Posts
I carry one of several government model 1911s in either 45 ACP or 10mm as an EDC. I carry my FN FNX-45 Tactical with the same manual of arms as a 1911 when I want more capacity. I carry one of several revolvers in 357 magnum, 41 magnum, 45 Colt, 44 magnum or 454 Casull as woods guns depending on potential encounters. My thumb wipes the revolver's safety when I draw it.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts