SIG Talk banner

Why Is the Market Ignoring the Fact That Gun Sales Are Booming?

5262 90
We've talked about this a little over the recent months, and it seems to me a lot of things are booming, one of which is the rate at which the Army is looking to get new guns. Aside from that, I find it interesting to see how the business of selling guns evolves. The gun market is bigger than ever, and I wish I had opened a gun store when Obama took office.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/05/10/why-is-the-market-ignoring-the-fact-that-gun-sales.aspx
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
The gun market is bigger than ever, and I wish I had opened a gun store when Obama took office.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/05/10/why-is-the-market-ignoring-the-fact-that-gun-sales.aspx
That depends on where you wanted to open up.
In NY and Commiefornia, you can't do that for any price.
In more intelligent states, it is easier, but the margins are small, paperwork is prohibitively expensive and the only money you make is on accessories and ammunition.
Even the stores like Cabelas are on the edge in firearms, and when all costs are factored in, it isn't the margin but the lead in that justifies the cost.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here in Alabama the business is good, but most of the money in guns is made in the used gun market. Of course you make your money on the front end of used guns, but if done right one could have made a mint during the Obama years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
We've talked about this a little over the recent months, and it seems to me a lot of things are booming, one of which is the rate at which the Army is looking to get new guns. Aside from that, I find it interesting to see how the business of selling guns evolves. The gun market is bigger than ever, and I wish I had opened a gun store when Obama took office.

Actually gun sales are down not up since trump got elected. Several articles confirm this. Remington just laid off a bunch of people too.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you read the article?

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I read it.

Ok bc in it the author acknowledges the drop off, but the fact is that gun sales are still doing quite well.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is pretty much what employees at 2 of the local gun stores I frequent. Guns sales are down for both of them since Trump was elected.
Yes, sales are down since Trump was elected, but that doesn't necessarily mean that sales are bad. There is always an ebb and flow to sales of all products, but when you examine the dynamics of the gun sales market you'll see a decrease in certain markets while there is an increase in others. For example, my LGS says it has seen a sharp increase in sales to blacks who are in fear of their lives since Trump got elected. The pendulum swings with the times.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Yes, sales are down since Trump was elected, but that doesn't necessarily mean that sales are bad. There is always an ebb and flow to sales of all products, but when you examine the dynamics of the gun sales market you'll see a decrease in certain markets while there is an increase in others. For example, my LGS says it has seen a sharp increase in sales to blacks who are in fear of their lives since Trump got elected. The pendulum swings with the times.
Fair enough. In my examples, I was referring to sales overall. They are really worried about their current standing inventory and have begun to cut back on their future inventory orders to adapt to the slow market.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fair enough. In my examples, I was referring to sales overall. They are really worried about their current standing inventory and have begun to cut back on their future inventory orders to adapt to the slow market.

I know of other shops who have done the same. The number one enemy for any business is inventory. It can kill you!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ok bc in it the author acknowledges the drop off, but the fact is that gun sales are still doing quite well.

Sorry Bud. But all news outlets are farce.

It's true the "Trump Slump" is here. I've seen articles on liberal sites. (MSNBC, CNBC, CNN AND ABC NEWS) they try to say sales are up to prove their anti-firearm agenda.

More moderate conservative news sites. The truth about guns. Concealed carry etc. show articles of the post election drop off.

The Reason you see the Record background checks in May is because they practically gotta give away guns. Sales are down. It's a Buyers Market.

Gander mountain bid to heavy on guns. Tried to sell them all at MSRP. Now they are being bought out and closing doors.

Local guns shops are dead.

I live in NY. I use all 6 of my local gun shops in a 40 mile radius. All of them. Cut hours. Cut back on stocking AR 15s and other sport rifles.

My fav one down the street from me was always busy. He was open 7 days a week. S lying like hot cakes. 5 guys in store behind counter st all times.

Now he closed Sunday Monday and cut back to 2-3 guys on counter and floor

His dealers are telling him to take guns with the fifth and sixth ones for free

It's a sad sight my friends

I saw an article, that with all the newer AR15 manufacturers that came in the Biz 4-6 years ago. Making ARs and parts. Are now sitting on overstock. Trying to unload on inventory to make ends meet. Some may even be bought out or closing shop. Because the craze has died down being they jumped on the Band Wagon

So the true numbers are all down across board. People are waiting for bigs sales.

Democrats are slimey because those same ones telling you guns are bad. Guns kill. They need to be restricted. Enough is enough. Say all this to fill their pockets. They are all rich politicians. If you read their stock portfolios and see their mutuals. They all heavily invest in river and strum. Smith and Wesson. And so on. Cuz if you put the US A in panic. Money pours in. True fact. Clinton. Buffet. Bloomberg. Cuomo. All of them inv st in firearms

So I Honestly Urge you. Keep the business alive. I support all my LGS. I buy ammo and parts and gear from them. A box or two of ammo every paycheck. I know they are deals online. But why bother paying shipping and FFL charges.

Support the lil guy. They get deals from distributors to sell us guns cheaper then Gander Mountain. Cabelas. Bass pro shops.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
The 3 or 4 local LGS's I frequent are doing very well. The range at one is busy every hour it's open and they said April and May have been spectacular after a slow down in the first of year. Our last gun show was the busiest I've seen in a while as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts

The line about gun sales to blacks might be one of the dumbest things I have read today.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I know it's statistics, and real numbers showing a drop in sales...but the last 2 gun shows I went to were the busiest and most crowded I've ever seen. I've bought 2 pistols in the last 6 months (I never did that before) and a buddy just bought a new pistol and I can't remember the last time his stingy *** did that..

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The line about gun sales to blacks might be one of the dumbest things I have read today.

You may take this with a grain of salt, but look what a quick google search revealed:

Text Font Line Screenshot Media

Text Font Document

Text Font

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.