SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought a P938 extreme and then hit the .22 conversion Kit (target).
Works great IF you use the high velocity ammo as recommended by Sig. If you don't, you can expect a lot of fte's.
Very accurate. Great for inexpensive training sessions At the range.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
466 Posts
P938sas + conversion kit (bought on sale @ sigstore)
Works well with HV. Does work with some SV ammo. Federal Auto Match usually works pretty well with mine.
Same gun combo here. I also bought my conversion on sale at the Sigstore so it made more reasonable priced combo. I also bought several extra magazines . I have not tried all that ammo, using mostly CCI, and some Geco rifle and semi auto. Mine has functioned perfectly, no FTF or FTE in the limited number of rounds I have shot through it. It's fun, accurate for what it is, but then I compare it to my S&W M 41, which really is no comparison.

·
Registered
797 Posts
P938sas + conversion kit (bought on sale @ sigstore)
Works well with HV. Does work with some SV ammo. Federal Auto Match usually works pretty well with mine.
Funny, my 1911 with the GSG kit in it (same as the Sig 1911 kit) says Automatch isn't powerful enough to kick the brass out of the gun before the slide closes (often leaving the brass standing up behind the chamber like a flagpole with the slide shut on it). My friend's Woodsman jams on it about 20-30% of the time, if I have that problem with plated ammo it means the Woodsman needs cleaning.

Anyway, if Automatch runs great in your gun, Academy has it in stock for $34/650 with free shipping:
Federal Premium® Champion? AutoMatch .22 LR 40-Grain Rimfire Ammunition | Academy

·
🎖USAF Veteran
711 Posts
I should have stated non-conversion, straight 22lr.;)
I have a P938 and a 938-22.
Bought the 22 version since my wife likes the lack of recoil and the size.
Never had any problems with the -22 no matter what ammo I have used. Have all kinds of .22 cal ammo, just give my wife a couple of boxes to shoot, don't really keep track of it.
The cost is a little pricey but the quality is great. As I said...never had any issues with it.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It is my understanding that the frame of the p938 (everything below the slide) is the same unit for either the 9mm or 22 configuration. I've even heard of people buying the p938-22 and then adding a 9mm conversion kit. Sig makes the 22 conversion kit in two versions - the longer "target" with contrast sights (rear is adjustable) and the shorter "short" version with Siglight nightsights. I have the short version conversion kit for my p938 Equinox. It works great but you only get a partial last round hold. The slide does not actually lock back after the last round is fired - instead it is held partially open by the magazine follower.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a P938 Equinox and the .22 conversion for it. I've only shot HV .22 ammo
in mine but it's never had a hiccup in at least 5000 rounds. HP or RN, shoots both
and feeds both. A quick way to run thru several hundred rounds in an afternoon
too. :p
Dano

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.