SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm asking for your assistance in locating a carry sidearm that, it seems like, would be made but I cannot think of what it is, or who makes it.

1911 style (or equivalent in thickness)
357 SIG or 40S&W (10mm ? Oh yeah)
Commander length slide/barrel (4.25" or close to)
Alloy or Polymer frame (Al, Scandium, Styrofoam, etc.. )
Bobtail/Fastback/Round Butt Grip (not a must but preferred)

Has anyone seen this culprit?

The closest thing I have found is the E-series S&W1911 4.25" alloy frame, round-butt carry.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/sw1911sc-e-series-round-butt-scandium-frame
BUT, its 45ACP. I love the 45 but in a single stack, it's low capacity. If they made that pistol in a caliber that would allow a couple more rounds in the mag it would be (IMO) the perfect carry pistol.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
23,605 Posts
Could have sworn the Nightmare Carry came in .357Sig, but just the full-size.
Maybe you can get an aftermarket .357Sig conversion barrel for it?

Reactions: Shooter Magavin

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
+1 on the Nightmare Fastback Carry in .357SIG. SIG had them listed on their website but I guess they never made it in the wild. Now they only list them in .45ACP. :(
They do make the Nightmare Fastback in .357SIG, but that's a full size with 5" barrel.

·
Registered
23,605 Posts
Oh, I forgot. You wanted a lightweight frame.
Tall order.

Reactions: Shooter Magavin

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1 on the Nightmare Fastback Carry in .357SIG. SIG had them listed on their website but I guess they never made it in the wild. Now they only list them in .45ACP. :(
They do make the Nightmare Fastback in .357SIG, but that's a full size with 5" barrel.
It's hard to believe there wasn't a market for the carry model in 357 SIG. Seems like a great combo to me.

·
Registered
23,605 Posts
SIG promises a lot and often fails to deliver.

Sometimes they deliver a LOT later.
Took three years of waiting to complete my Combat collection with a promised P229 Combat. It was in the catalog. Never built. It was removed from the catalog the following year. Then the third year it was back in the catalog and about halfway through the year they built some. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Just so you know, my personal wish list was a 1911 double/single action, and yes Para used to make it but they were bought out and their comment when I inquired about the Commander LDA was "Yeah, the LDA isn't going to be built anymore, period". So less the grip safety, the next best solution for me was the Arex Zero1 compact with a manual safety and decocker, and it shoots great!! It also is heavy for carry, since it's all steel, so it doesn't meet your criteria. Just a personal observation and you know what that means--everyone has one. Hahaha.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EAA lists "coming soon" for their 9mm polymer 1911 in a Commander with 9 round capacity, and the Officers with 7 round capacity. Patience, Grasshoppa.
Not really interested in 9mm, but I won't count it out either.The newest 9mm ammo choices are quite impressive.

I'm no brand snob, if EAA builds what I want, I'll buy it.
Thanks for the Info.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Springfield makes a 4" bobtailed EMP in 9mm. Kimber makes some bobtails in 45 ACP.

What makes that combo hard to find is the caliber. My P220 is about 1.2" in the grip area with G10's I believe. But I'm not sure what configurations they have offered in 10mm.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Springfield makes a 4" bobtailed EMP in 9mm. Kimber makes some bobtails in 45 ACP.

What makes that combo hard to find is the caliber. My P220 is about 1.2" in the grip area with G10's I believe. But I'm not sure what configurations they have offered in 10mm.

The caliber and the 'other-than-steel' frame. This seems to be the carry size 1911 rare combo. Its one or the other. Everybody got a 40/357 in steel or an alloy/Polymer frame in 45. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I generally ignore caliber when choosing a handgun, that's probably why all my pistols are 9mm or 45 ACP. But I also ended up with a 38 Super revolver...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I generally ignore caliber when choosing a handgun, that's probably why all my pistols are 9mm or 45 ACP. But I also ended up with a 38 Super revolver...

I agree, but I'm not considering caliber for caliber sake. I like a 45 as much as any, but capacity is what I'm considering. The 45s greatest disadvantage is its capacity. I do carry a 1911 45 ACP, but it's 7+1 and HATE lugging spare mags IWB. Just a couple more rounds and I'd be satisfied with the stand alone sidearm.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
EMP 40, Never heard of it. Looking at it and I like it. A compact 1911 in 40 -yes but the barrel is really too short, yet 33 oz is not bad...not sure on capacity though.

Thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.