SIG Talk banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Premium Member
What a bunch of kids :cool:. In 1979 at the age of 24 I bought a P230 and a Beretta 84..But I must admit defeat in the longest collector category. Got married in 1980 and sold the pistols to afford our honeymoon. Then took a break from 1980 through 2011 - My wife didn't want handguns in house - ok with rifles and shotguns. But in 2011 I found out my wife had bought a Beretta 3032 while I was on a work temp for a few months. She was afraid to tell me about it, since she made a deal about pistols early on in our marriage. I hugged her, Took her to the range and we learned how to shoot that little wrist hopper. During the next year I bought 6 pistols, including my first P226 oh and a Judge ( everyone gets one fun but useless toy).
Now I expose all our kids/grankids to guns from the age of 7. I have a nice collection built up now..This year been focusing on big bore revolvers. Why? Because they are so darn much fun, since I reload all my calibers ammo is not a prob. I purchased our retirement property 7 years ago in far NW Arkansas..Main intent was to have a place to shoot - so I built a few ranges on my 20 acres and the rest is history.

Registered
First Sig was my .40 229 purchased 92 when they first came out. Still have it.

Reactions: tyree326

Premium Member
First Sig I bought was a P228 back in 1993 IIRC, also a P226 later that year.

Registered
Browning BDA/P220, in fall of 1977. Didn't care for it. Wasn't until winter of 2018 that I got a SIG that I liked - Legion P226 SAO, 9mm; followed by a Legion P226 DA/SA in .357 SIG. Wish the P226 was still available in .357. Keeping my eyes peeled for a couple more.

Pig

Registered
Not myself, but my brother was buying Sigs and Heckler Koch since the late late 70s perhaps very early 80s that鈥檚 can recall. At the time I wasn't even much into guns and thought why does he buy these weird guns I鈥檝e never heard of. I鈥檝e sure made up for it in the meantime though. Lol.
Him being a Tool and Die maker they must鈥檝e sparked his interest in some way.
Sure wish I had had more time with him. We weren鈥檛 very close actually, him being married with kids when I was 6 plus the other dozen kids he had or adopted.

Premium Member
For the record, I bought my first handgun with my own money in 1979 ... a Colt 1911 >>>>> many years and many guns later >>>> I bought my first SIG 320C 9mm early spring of 2015, ... then a 320SC 9mm in the fall of '15 ... a SIG TACOPS 1911.45acp in '18 .... a 320 X5 9mm in fall of '19 ... and last but not least a fantastic 320FS .45acp. in late winter of '19. All the time buying ammo ... now I just shoot them....:pistol:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts