SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to wondering just a while ago.

There are several of Us old timers on Sig Talk

Just Who has been purchasing Sig Pistols the longest ?

I have a Sig pistol with a build date of 1989 but have only
been purchasing Sig pistols since 2013

Just curious

Thanks

·
🎖USAF Retired
4,677 Posts
Bought my first Sig in 2005. It was a P226, 40s/w, no rail, made in Germany frame. I sold it to get a P226 Elite that was bought in 2010. Still got that one.
Edit:
I forgot I had bought a used police gun it’s a 2007, P226 no rail so it’s my oldest.

·
🎖USAF Veteran
667 Posts
I bought a P226 about 1985. Not sure since somehow the original box got lost. It was made in West Germany. It was when the U.S. was trying to decide on the P226 or the Beretta as the firearm for the military.
I shot them both, decided I liked the P226 and bought it.
Never did care for the Beretta, even though it was selected.
Primary reason if I remember correctly was that it had a manual safety. The Sig only had a decocker. Guess those GIs couldn't figure this stuff out back then.

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
9mm P239 in 1997(?) as a backup pistol. Bought from a retiring lieutenant. Love at 1st sight, but before I considered them much more than work tools. Wish I still had that one!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine was 2022. My dad got a P225 back in 1990 I think. I know he got it before I was born. His girlfriend borrowed it to get her CCW permit and hasn't returned it. lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think for me it would be the late 2000's if even that long ago. As far as center fire auto pistols I used to be a BHP/1911/Beretta guy for the most part, with a lot of exceptions. Then I expanded my horizons to Sig.

·
🎖USA Retired
370 Posts
I don't exactly remember sometime around 1995 +or- a year. Back then if you got a P220 DA/SA .45 ACP, P226 DA/SA 9MM and a P228 DA/SA 9MM. You pretty much had them all.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought a P226 about 1985. Not sure since somehow the original box got lost. It was made in West Germany. It was when the U.S. was trying to decide on the P226 or the Beretta as the firearm for the military.
I shot them both, decided I liked the P226 and bought it.
Never did care for the Beretta, even though it was selected.
Primary reason if I remember correctly was that it had a manual safety. The Sig only had a decocker. Guess those GIs couldn't figure this stuff out back then.
That a long time ago Never even knew about Sigs back then. I purchased My first pistol a S&W model 28 back in 1981 MyFather purchased a Belgium Browing 380 in 1968 anf I inherited it when He passed away in 1973 I still have it

·
Registered
942 Posts
I bought a P6 back in 98.

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
My first was 2015. Up until then I didn’t believe there was anything better than a Colt Combat Commander in 38 Super for EDC. I still rotate “A” commander in 38 S but not that commander. Once I got my hands on a P229 Elite in .357 Sig DA SA, I knew I had found the right firearm for carry.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts