SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have both regular 229 and legion 229. Was having serious conversation about the legion being to nice/expensive to carry. Thoughts on this issue.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Having a 229 and 226 Legion and 229 being my favorite (in SAS) I don't carry any of them, just too big to hide for me. I'm sticking with a 1911 or USP compact for carry. On the Legion I'd be also worried about holster wear.

· Registered
11,371 Posts
Welcome from PA!

Legions are unique and expensive.

Carry guns are smaller and not too exclusive.

Pride of ownership and knowing it's a special gun will prevent many from carrying a Legion on a daily basis.

SIG makes many duty guns for carrying. My P226 Legion will never be on my belt.

· Registered
112 Posts
I carry my legion on range days to save weight and space in my range bag. When my custom owb leather holster gets here, I will carry it more. Then when spring is here and gone Ill switch to 100% 938 carry.

As for being a bit expensive or exclusive... The legion really is hardly scratching the surface of many 1911's in the medium priced production to semi custom range. IE 900-4000. I realize this is a wide price bracket, but some don't consider the standard offerings of Baer, Wilson, Ed Brown and others to be a full custom. And lots of people carry those guns.

I like it, Ill carry it. Its not really all that special, until you pull the trigger ;) . That's when the magic happens.

· Banned
6,262 Posts
I owned a P229 Legion and carried it every day. It is no more expensive than a lot of 1911s people carry, and not much more expensive than the standard P229, so no, I would not say it is too nice to carry daily. It is built to be used, not collected, so I would tell anyone who buys one to carry it and put it through its paces. It all just boils down to personal preference.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Depending on clothing options I carry my P229 Legion or a Glock 43. The comments on expense and exclusiveness on carrying a Legion aren't relevant for me. I bought my Legion to shoot, carry and if it comes to it, show holster or handling wear.

Just one Legion owner's opinion but we all bought one for different reasons.
Pretty much the same thing here. I've carry my P229 Legion in .40 quite quite often, though in the warmer months I've tended to carry my G43 instead. Sometimes I throw my USP Compact 9mm in the mix for old time's sake, too, but it's pretty much either the Legion of the G43 for every day carry.

~ Greg ~

Reactions: Crockus

· Registered
10 Posts
I carry my 226 SAO daily, I can hide is very well unless I am bending over a lot.. which I dont do.

I will purchase a P320 and 938 at some point if I need smaller guns but I do not have safe queens nor am I a collector, I trade in my guns when I want something else so I dont hoard them.... so whatever I own is what I will carry depending on need.

This whole legion will be a collectors item stuff I do not buy, if im going to collect items there are many other weapons that would be collectors items long before a legion will be. Carry it and enjoy... cant put a price on saving your life should the need arise.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.