SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to buy and X5 but don't know the differences between the models anyone have some insight and can point or recommend one or your experiences with one

Registered
That's too broad of a question. What's your budget? Do you want to be around $1500 or mid $2's - $3k?

If you want to be on the low end of the price range then I recommend the X5 Entry Enhanced.

If you want a SA/DA then you're only choice is the All Around.

If you want to be on the upper end with an adjustable trigger then there are a variety to chose from and most likely it will come down to just your personal preference on the color since they're all equally amazing.

Registered
Unfortunately I keep looking at the X-series myself and wondering the same thing. It's really about how much I want to spend and if the one I pick will satisfy my urge! lol! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately I keep looking at the X-series myself and wondering the same thing. It's really about how much I want to spend and if the one I pick will satisfy my urge! lol! :)

I'm in the same place I have a p226 Tacops in .40 and a MK25 in 9mm so those are very similar but I want something that will blow those out of the water and from what I read the x5 is that good but the different variants are all only slightly different then the next, it comes down to just picking one now

Registered
I sold my MK25 and 320 and 229 because I never shot them after owning a couple X5's, there's no need to. Even in the pre-owned market you're going to be in the 2's unless you go with an Enhanced, All Around, or Tactical.

What do you want?

Steel Frame? Or a lighter alloy frame with steel slide?

Adjustable trigger? Or a slightly better P226 trigger?

Rail or no rail?

DA/SA or SAO?

Do you want a colored gun, black gun, stainless steel color gun?

List your wants and someone here can make some good recommendations for you. But without knowing what you want we're just guessing for you.

Registered
I sold my MK25 and 320 and 229 because I never shot them after owning a couple X5's, there's no need to. Even in the pre-owned market you're going to be in the 2's unless you go with an Enhanced, All Around, or Tactical.

What do you want?

Rail or no rail?

DA/SA or SAO?

List your wants and someone here can make some good recommendations for you. But without knowing what you want we're just guessing for you.
And this guy owns like 10 X-Series Sigs. I'd listen to him.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

What do you want?

I could go either for good recoil control with rapid firing

I have srts on all my sigs so an adjustable (never had an adjustable before) but something r or lighter would be awesome

Rail or no rail? Prefer rail

DA/SA or SAO? Since I have da/da I'd rather have a SAO

color is not important I'm concerned with the functionality, I could go stainless or black and white (that's the best looking to me)

Thanks for the detailed list for help, I could definitely consolidate a gun or two to reach for the mid 2000 range
Thanks a bunch for the help

Registered
I'm in the same place I have a p226 Tacops in .40 and a MK25 in 9mm so those are very similar but I want something that will blow those out of the water and from what I read the x5 is that good but the different variants are all only slightly different then the next, it comes down to just picking one now

Yes, X5's are that good. Two years ago I bought P226 Stainless Elite as a range gun thinking that I would not need an X5. A few months later I bought my first X5 and I sold my P226 SE. I have never looked back ....

Administrator
Sounds to me like the P226X5 L1 (9mm) would suit all you are looking for, not as "pretty as the B&W, but a near perfect pistol nevertheless.

SIG 226 X-Five X5 9mm Level 1 L1 Stainless - NIB : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

It's also available as a 40S&W

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=499559705

The downside is that none of the X5 are being imported any longer and are hard to come by - what's for sale is it - for the German models anyway. Sig has stated they are going to start manufacture of them in the US "sometime" in 2016.

Registered
I previously told anyone looking to get a stainless elite p226 (or similar) to just spend the extra $300-$500 and get the x5 Entry, completion or Allround. Amazing guns over the standard pseries.

Unfortunately, those days are long gone as the market is so limited the prices of the entry level x5 are now fast approaching $1600+. They are MORE $ now then ever but 100% worth it. For just a few hundred more then the entry level models you can land on the Lightweight with adjustable trigger system, etc. It all depends on what you're looking for.. But def do not look past the x-series despite the inflating prices. Also, Check the classifieds here as I've given away some new X5s in weeks past. I may be selling one more Allround if my p226 Sport purchase goes thru. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

What do you want?

Rail or no rail?

DA/SA or SAO?

Mfserge do you agree with incar? You both seem to be the x5 gurus

Administrator
I don't consider myself to be a guru of X5. There's plenty of members here that know a lot about the X5 platform besides my limited knowledge :D

I might be the first to suggest, but there will be others who stop by this thread and will surely recommend/suggest and X5 based on what your criteria is for the pistol. We all have different ideas about what is the best - to me what is best is what works for you the best, not for anyone else, me included.

I'll stick by my recommendation though :lol: and yes, I do have one of the L1 and a couple of others :lol:

Registered
So I'm looking to buy and X5 but don't know the differences between the models anyone have some insight and can point or recommend one or your experiences with one
I was in your situation about a month ago. I now have an X5 LTWT and an X5 Level 1, thanks to advice from incar and other enablers, I mean helpful members, on this forum. :D Both pistols are awesome! My only advice would be to get one with the adjustable trigger.

Good luck, Jim

Registered
I was in your situation about a month ago. I now have an X5 LTWT and an X5 Level 1, thanks to advice from incar and other enablers, I mean helpful members, on this forum. :D Both pistols are awesome! My only advice would be to get one with the adjustable trigger.

Good luck, Jim

Glad that you enjoy your X5's Jim. I agree with you that if one gets an X5 he should get the one with adjustable trigger. X5's are for range use so you wanted one with adjustable trigger.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I appreciate your recommendation nonetheless! I am much more inexperienced with the x-platform I'm still training though! I have a level two pistol defense class tonight and a few days next week just to build a better platform for potential competitions in my future! Only being 24 I think the x5 would be a great tool for my recreational interests! That one on gunbroker though comes with 10 round mags which are practically useless in VA, we are allowed high cap! I still don't have my funds 10% but possibly selling another toy tonight for $600 bones, next on the chopping back is either my brand new p227 or my p226 Tacops .40!

Registered
I appreciate your recommendation nonetheless! I am much more inexperienced with the x-platform I'm still training though! I have a level two pistol defense class tonight and a few days next week just to build a better platform for potential competitions in my future! Only being 24 I think the x5 would be a great tool for my recreational interests! That one on gunbroker though comes with 10 round mags which are practically useless in VA, we are allowed high cap! I still don't have my funds 10% but possibly selling another toy tonight for $600 bones, next on the chopping back is either my brand new p227 or my p226 Tacops .40!
Yeah, my Level one came with ten round mags. I bought through GunBroker from TheAttic. I have two 17 round mags with bump pads on order from TRT Tactical to replace them.

Jim

Registered
Mfserge do you agree with incar? You both seem to be the x5 gurus
I do agree that the Level 1 is an outstanding pistol, no doubt about it. But, to make a recommendation for you, you have to answer the questions about what you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts