SIG Talk banner

Which WOLFF brand hammer spring are you running?

• stock weight

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 17#

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • 18#

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • 19#

Votes: 6 18.8%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
19# Wolff in my P6. 100% primer ignition rate.

Stock in all my other P-series SIGs.

Reactions: LL2 and bearone2

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,029 Posts
I went to 19# in all of mine, except new P239 which is stock. I'm not sure how to vote your survey... an entry per weapon? I've modified 6 out of 7.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 17lb in my SSE and I just installed 19lb springs in everything else except my 239 which I have left stock (only because it uses a different mainspring). The 17lb spring is noticeably lighter than the 19lb's but that could be that my 19lb springs are new and the 226 and 17lb spring have more rounds through them than all my others combined.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cannot understand the Mistique about Wolff Springs.
They are No Better than the Stock Springs In Sig or any other Brand.
I run stock in all of My Handguns.
Correct, Wolff springs are no better made than the springs supplied by Sig. The fascination with Wolff is that they sell springs for our guns in 1lb increments from 16-28lb so we can achieve the trigger pull weights we desire because from my experience, there is inconsistency in the springs that Sig supply from the factory. I purchased a 10 pack of 19lb Wolff springs because personally did not like the variation in factory spring weights between my pistols. With 'factory' springs I had huge variation in trigger pull weights. For example, I had a new 229 that had around an 8.5lb DA pull from the factory-the spring weight was similar to the 19lb wolff I installed. On the other end of the spectrum, my 225A1 maxed out the trigger pull gauge. If I had to guess DA pull was over 12lbs. Now that I have the same springs in all my p series pistols, my triggers are shockingly similar!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Cannot understand the Mistique about Wolff Springs.
They are No Better than the Stock Springs In Sig or any other Brand.
I run stock in all of My Handguns.
As others have said, we replace stock with Wolff so that we can lighten the pull.

P6s are notorious for their particularly heavy mainsprings, so I put in a 19# in mine and lightened it.

The risk you run when you do this is light primer strikes, but with the 19# I haven't encountered that. I have heard reports of light strikes with 17#.

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,667 Posts
stock, if it ain't broke don't attempt to fix it.

over the years i've seen many change because of the stiff da pull & then complain about light strikes.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stock, if it ain't broke don't attempt to fix it.
It's not about being broken. It is about getting the pull weight you desire. Not every gun in the collection is used in defense purposes. My P226 is not. It is a historical icon, but it is strictly a range/toy gun for me. Too many lighter and sleeker options for carry purposes and I like a high-cap with tac rail for nightstand use. My P226 is sans-rail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.