SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
You might check out the animations in the stickies in the main Pistol folder (vs this Legion subfolder). They illustrate both the DA/SA and DAK systems.

The 220 is a great pistol. I’m not familiar with the DAK system. But you should try it for awhile and see if it’s working normally and if you like it.

If needed, the pistol can be converted to DA/SA. Sig charges about $200 for that conversion. I don’t know if it is easy to self perform. Also, Sig has some great service packages where they will completely strip & clean the weapon and replace ALL springs for $85. And they will package several services for a discounted total package. See below link.

But again, just try it for a bit and see what you think. I wouldn’t immediately start changing the system, etc until you’ve convinced yourself it’s needed - ie don’t let us prematurely persuade you!

Congrats on the new 220; they are special.

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

·
Registered
121 Posts
I own your pistol's twin brother and I love it. I bought mine in South Carolina as well (Columbia). I lived there from 2000 until 2018 when I retired and moved back to my native North Carolina. Anyway, welcome to the forum and enjoy your P220.

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
There are some of us here , that believe a DAK trigger system to be nice, and that a 220 DAK is special.
My 226 is DAK but I am so used to it that it is a non-factor.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,351 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana. My first Sig was also a P220, some 30 years ago! There's a lot of information here to be beneficial in your ownership.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts