SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about picking up some roll pins to have in the event I have to replace them down the road in my carbon folded steel P226. I am assuming the only pins specific to the folded steel slide P226 is the inner and outer HD pins listed on this link: Sig Sauer Firing Pin Positioning Pins | Roll Pins | Slide Pins

Are those all that is specific to the carbon steel slides or is there something else I should pick up as well?

·
Banned
320 Posts
The old two pin approach is Stone Age IMO. I use one SPIRAL roll pin. The proper size is 3.5 mm x 24 mm. They enter far easier and can be reused. The downside is that you have to order a box at a time via Internet unless you live near a large vendor that sells them, i.e., machine shop.

The spiral roll pins are ONLY for the folded slide SIGs or any new SIG that ORIGINALLY has the two roll pins. It is NOT for the SIGs with solid pins.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
You don't have to buy a whole box of the spiral roll pins for the folded slide Sigs. If you send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, I will send you 4 of the spiral pins, NC. I have made this offer to Sig owners for a few years now. My address is on my website, www.totalautomation.us.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
You don't have to buy a whole box of the spiral roll pins for the folded slide Sigs. If you send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, I will send you 4 of the spiral pins, NC. I have made this offer to Sig owners for a few years now. My address is on my website, www.totalautomation.us.

That is a very nice offer, Gerry.

I know this is an old thread, but this is an open question for the peanut gallery. Are these spiral roll pins safe to use in the classic folded Sig slides? Any disadvantages?

I have yet to need to remove one, but I hear it's good to replace them before your entire block comes loose, as that obviously could damage your classic weapon.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
That is a very nice offer, Gerry.

I know this is an old thread, but this is an open question for the peanut gallery. Are these spiral roll pins safe to use in the classic folded Sig slides? Any disadvantages?

I have yet to need to remove one, but I hear it's good to replace them before your entire block comes loose, as that obviously could damage your classic weapon.
Gerry's spiral pins are safe for use in classic P-series SIGs, including those with folded steel slides. Some of my W. Germans have his pins in them right now.

Gerry is good people and one of the top SIG smiths in the USA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello new to this forum, recently adquired a sig p220 45acp folded steel slide and now im having problem with the slide roll pin lost de inner rool pin and im locking how to replate them with a spiral roll pin thanks for the help

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,030 Posts
hello new to this forum, recently adquired a sig p220 45acp folded steel slide and now im having problem with the slide roll pin lost de inner rool pin and im locking how to replate them with a spiral roll pin thanks for the help
Welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana.

They are priced a little high, for "roll pins", but they are metric, and not fractional, which makes it hard to pick them up at the local hardware.
https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...1863.aspx?avs|Make~~Model_1=Sig%20Sauer__P226
https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...ns/outer-pin-h-d-blue-two-tone-prod21964.aspx

The spiral pins used in the newer models, I don't believe are the same as referenced above. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/PIN-11

1 - 10 of 10 Posts