SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The funny thing here is that a very large percentage of people take their 22 caliber Target pistols to qualify so they get a good range score! There are so many people in this state carrying weapons that they don't train with, probably couldn't qualify with! And probably just looking for a reason to use it! I've always told my wife, if you're ever in a situation, take cover first, assess the situation, and don't attempt to do anything unless you have the total advantage!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
In my jurisdiction in Northern California, we must separately qualify with each of the three weapons we want to have listed on our CCW. The CCW lists the weapon by make, model, serial number and caliber.

(BTW, you can qualify with a S&W .44 Magnum revolver with either .44 Magnum or Special ammunition because they are the same caliber.)

Reactions: 24/7/365

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my jurisdiction in Northern California, we must separately qualify with each of the three weapons we want to have listed on our CCW. The CCW lists the weapon by make, model, serial number and caliber.

(BTW, you can qualify with a S&W .44 Magnum revolver with either .44 Magnum or Special ammunition because they are the same caliber.)
So if you qualify with a Sig P2xx chambered in one caliber, then you cannot change the barrel?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
@LEEEAGLE No you cannot change the caliber and carry it unless that caliber is listed as a separate weapon on your CCW.

And you can only list three weapons on your CCW.

Now, you could have the same weapon listed three times on your CCW with different calibers, but that would use up your three gun CCW.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Newsom will be your next Democrat President and our laws will be your laws unless you stop electing Democrats now.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@LEEEAGLE No you cannot change the caliber and carry it unless that caliber is listed as a separate weapon on your CCW.

And you can only list three weapons on your CCW.

Now, you could have the same weapon listed three times on your CCW with different calibers, but that would use up your three gun CCW.
so I guess that means get three good guns that cover your needs, and get good with those guns!

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AAfter 20/20 we woke up over here! We're going to pick off one Senator and and the governor in November's ballot! Not to mention what we already did with the school board and some of the regents.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
NJ is new to CCW ....

So it all depends on the Judge who signs off on your CCW

In my county..... They do attach a Court Order stating which firearm I can carry ( which is the one you qualify with)
What a crock.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In CA you have to shoot every gun on your permit in every caliber. So my P229 in .40/.357 I have to shoot both calibers. The last go around they only made me shoot one gun since all the SIGs on my permit (P220, P229, and P239) all have the same manual of arms. Technically, that's a no-no, though.
It's been many years since I lived in California, never even attempted a CCW there. Are all of the cities and counties divided on circumstances and locations of CCW laws and regulations? The reason I ask is because up through the mid- too late '90s we had those issues here. All handguns had to be registered through your local police department, some cities or jurisdictions did not allow for possession in your automobile or open carry or even outside of your home. I do not know the case number or any of that, but somebody challenged it to the Nevada Supreme Court. The result was that Nevada state law supersedes all cities counties and jurisdictions. And more recently somebody challenged the registration issue, and that was also declared unconstitutional! They were called Blue cards here, and I still have a few that I keep as historical documents!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts