SIG Talk banner

Which model P938

10635 Views 56 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  eff1911
No doubt this is very subjective but would anyone like to share which model would be preferred for an EDC firearm? Is there one that would be less desirable than others? I am kind of leaning toward the SAS or the Engraved, your thoughts? Thanks.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
I chose the SAS. Don't carry yet but plan to when I get my permit, I can carry in 30 states but not the one I live in. Crazy. I really liked the Army model with the black grips too.

I'm no expert but I'm not sure there is any wrong model, but I liked the snag free design of the SAS.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

· Registered
30 Posts
I carry my BRG OWB at 3:00; like the finger grooves and pinky catch on the mag. I have short stubby fingers and it fits perfect. My $0.02

Reactions: tevans9129

· Registered
5,818 Posts
I have an Extreme, bought at the local gun store for $740. But when I saw Palmetto Start Armory's ad for the SAS version at $495 +$17 shipping a couple of years back, I could resist that deal.* When it arrived, my wife said, "Oh, is that for me?" Naggdabbit! "Why yes dear, it is!":(

So I waited and sure nuff, the put it on sale again and I bought one for ME.

SAS for sure is my favorite P938 . . . though if they ever come out with the previously promised HD (stainless frame) version, I'd get one of those too.

*PSA must have had a dozen of those sales over a 4 or so month period. They would often sell out within hours. I had to get on their email list to get one in time. Unfortunately, I have seen a repeat in over a year. Nor have I seen anyone else selling the P938 SAS at such a great price.

· Registered
110 Posts
Nor have I seen anyone else selling the P938 SAS at such a great price.
I picked up mine at Cabela's a few months ago for $599. Not a great deal but not a bad deal either. I had been looking for a SAS for a while and was holding out for a decent price (the best price I has seen it for before that was $679). I just happened to walk in and see it on sale. It was not advertised and it was the only P938 they had on sale. I guess I was just in the right place at the right time.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
If the intent is to enjoy the p938 at the range then the way to go is the BRG grip - it provides a much improved purchase and minimizes felt recoil. If you want to enhance the p938's ability to conceal then the BRG is NOT the way to go. It increases the width of the gun and the texture of the grip could/will hinder getting the gun out of your pocket. My choice for pocket carry is my p939 Equinox with Rosewood grips and the flush mount six round magazine. I carry it in a DeSantis Nemisis holster. For OWB carry I go with the BRG and the seven round extended magazine.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My vote is brg. I pocket carry this gun it hides very well use 6 round mag for this, carry 7 round for additional ammo. It is easy to handle with these grips. It just is not as pretty as the gun with other grips.
Good point Jerry....my situation is more low risk so an EDC is primarily for those just in case scenarios. I am old school so I like firearms made from metal and wood. My hope is it will never be fired in a defensive situation but looks and feel is every day. :)

Reactions: AZMacaw and sigsrok

· Registered
6,350 Posts
Good point Jerry....my situation is more low risk so an EDC is primarily for those just in case scenarios. I am old school so I like firearms made from metal and wood. My hope is it will never be fired in a defensive situation but looks and feel is every day. :)
I love my Blackwood model. If you like metal and wooden guns, this would work.

Stainless slide, black aluminum frame, nickel controls, Blackwood grips.

I use it with a Remora IWB/Pocket holster. Never snags when drawing, even though it's not an SAS edition.

· Registered
5,818 Posts
I have an Extreme with Hogue rubber grips, works well in shoulder holster, but in waistband, and especially with flannel shirts, it tends to grab the shirt some and can slow down the draw. For waist band I prefer this, converted to single side safety, grips from Highfiguregrips.com

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have an Extreme with Hogue rubber grips, works well in shoulder holster, but in waistband, and especially with flannel shirts, it tends to grab the shirt some and can slow down the draw. For waist band I prefer this, converted to single side safety, grips from Highfiguregrips.com

Impressive, beautiful firearm, are there other mods that you have made to the SAS?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.