SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have come down to the following two guns and unfortunately I can only buy one:(

-Enhanced Elite Full Size
or
-Legion Full Size

Which would you buy and why? It will be for the range , in 9mm and 10rd mag

If this matters at all, it's my first sig. I currently have a G17, M&P9 and a PPQ M2

Thanks in advance and I look forward to joining the sig nation :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
You say you've narrowed it down to two models, but don't tell us which ones. :)

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Well, I would be inclined to buy an original Sig P226 to start with. These guns are extremely well balanced and shoot superbly, and I think it is the best place from which to start this journey. They all shoot differently to me, but they're all great guns. My next choice would be either a Legion or MK25.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Hi all,

I have come down to the following two guns and unfortunately I can only buy one:(

-Enhanced Elite Full Size
or
-Legion Full Size
Just for future reference, the P226 only comes in "full size," so that is a given. Of the two I would go with the Legion, but the question is which one fits you better?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just for future reference, the P226 only comes in "full size," so that is a given. Of the two I would go with the Legion, but the question is which one fits you better?

Thanks for the tip:) not down with all the models of sig just yet

I don't notice much of a difference when I hold them. They both feel great which makes this decision so difficult

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Thanks for the tip:) not down with all the models of sig just yet

I don't notice much of a difference when I hold them. They both feel great which makes this decision so difficult

No worries! Good luck with your decision!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,029 Posts
sspowr, as GCBHM stated, they are all full size. Since it's going to be a strictly range toy, for punching holes in paper, you could go any direction. Because of the fact you hail out of Canada, I would suggest a "Plain Jane" version, and the money you save, buy more ammunition. If you were here, I'd say the same version, and send it to one of the "Master" Armorers, for some trigger work. I'm not familiar, but there may be a Canadian Sig Armorer, of the same caliber as Bruce Gray, or Robert Burke, that can do wonders with the factory OEM, or make reasonable substitutions.

The same can be said, of even the sights. For a range toy, night sights are an unneeded additional expense, where as Adjustable sights with fiber optics could be more beneficial.

The ultimate decision is yours... the "Legion" model would be more of a "Status Symbol" complete with "Challenge Coin"... it's your hard earned money, spend it the way you wish! Good Luck!!!

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
FWIW, several years ago Sig went through some changes in leadership, and they hired the CEO from another company who came in and added a lot of models to their current line up. The Enhanced Elite was on of these. It, like some of the other newer models, has met with mixed reviews on quality, which is why a lot of your older Siggers stick with the original German made guns. It is also why I suggested you consider one of these as your first Sig so that you can learn about these guns from the beginning.

The Legions are a good quality gun, but they are not without blemish. Some issues with wear have surfaced with the coating rusting and wearing soon, but I liked the 229 I had. These guns really grip my hand nicely, but as I think about it, and I have gone through the process of narrowing three guns down recently, I think I would go with an original version, a Legion and then a MK25 in that order. Although the MK25 was produced well before the Legion, the Legion just fits my hand a little better, but I love everything about the MK25. I encourage you to have a look at these guns before you make a decision.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I just looked at Sig's site to see exactly what the Enhanced Elite has.
They refer to it as 'Enhanced Elite FULL SIZE' like there is a Mid-sized one:huh:

Anyway, it appears to me the only difference is the grips, the finish and maybe the giude rod. The legion has the black stainless guide rod and the Gray Guns adjustable intermediate trigger, and of course, the Legion logo.

So if you want the G10 grips and dark gray finish, get the Legion. Otherwise, get the EE full size.

I do not like the E2 grips. Took them off my P229. So the Legion would be my choice (and was my choice :D)

This was really quick research into the EE, so correct me if I'm mistaken about the standard features.

EDITED TO ADD:
Found this From forum Member Russ, back in Feb 2016

"The Legion has a modified Beavertail. the Elite has a full Beavertail.
The Legion has the X5 undercut underneath the Trigger Guard. The Elite is standard.
The Legion has the new Xray Sites. The Elite has the standard Sig Nite Sites.
The Legion has the G10 Grips. The Elite has standard Grips or E2 Grips.
The Legion has the Gray Guns Custom Adjustable Trigger. The Elite has the standard or short reach trigger.
Then there's the finish or gun coating. "

So yeah, lots of differences. I Still like the Legion more though.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
What were the determining factors? What it just price point?

The legion also had a SRT, but it's a slightly different one than the Enhanced Elite has. I had both guns side by side, try one reset, then try the other one.

The difference was only apparent when you had the guns side by side as it was very slight.

So, it essentially came down to cosmetic differences and the "status" or snobbery of owning a Legion.

I don't believe in status and I'm not a snob with respect to anything, so I bought the Elite.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
My buddy has an Elite, it is a great firearm and was looking to purchase one before I ended up with my Legion. How I ended up with the Legion was due to the SAO variant, I have to admit though I drank a little bit of the Legion coolaid too, and I think it is fantastic looking compared to a Legacy or Elite, or any other hand in it's class for that matter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have to admit though I drank a little bit of the Legion coolaid too, and I think it is fantastic ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
They have Legion Kool-aid now??? All I got was the case and a challenge coin. No refreshments were offered when I bought mine. :mad:

Wow..Sig's marketing department is pulling out all the stops now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.