SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got new MPX and it is not clear to me which model is this? Trigger is not straight but it is mlok. New unfired yet. Thanks!

Bag Machine Wood Auto part Automotive exterior

馃帠USN Retired
What does the box say? The model should be written on the box along with the serial number. That鈥檚 either one of those Cabala/Bass pro shop models or something else.

The PCC model I have came from the Sig Pro Shop like this:
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is this

Registered
Sig P365sas
There are actually only GEN 1 & GEN 2 & apparently other up date iterations post GEN 2's that are called GEN 3. EASIEST way to differentiate between both are the different shape slots (cooling) on the FORE GRIPS. U can find more on a SHORT Video from SIG RIFLES SITE. I'VE watched, very informative.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are actually only GEN 1 & GEN 2 & apparently other up date iterations post GEN 2's that are called GEN 3. EASIEST way to differentiate between both are the different shape slots (cooling) on the FORE GRIPS. U can find more on a SHORT Video from SIG RIFLES SITE. I'VE watched, very informative.

This is even more confusing :) it seem like there LE model without Timney trigger?

Registered
Built in August 2021 it seems odd that you don't have the Timney trigger. Note - I am not an authority on MPX though my Copperhead K 4.5 from a much earlier build date has the Timney trigger.

馃帠USAF Retired
W鈥 means LE version so stock trigger.

The upper is a Gen 3 upper.

Basically, it looks like a PCC without the Timney tigger. Maybe they ran out of Timney triggers and made this.

Now go out and shoot it and quit worrying about it.

馃帠USAF Retired
The Gen 2 has 4 cooling slots, Gen 3 has 2. The shapes are the same.
Gen 2 has block extractor like in George 16s picture. Gen 3 has smaller extractor
internally the BCG is very different between 2 and 3

Registered
Sig P365sas
The VIDEO I WATCHED EMPHASIZED THE 2 DUFFERENT SLOT SHAPES. I BELIVER THE MILITARY TERM FOR EACH. SIG GUY SAID LOOK TO THAT FIRST. INTERESTING HOW MANY VARRIANTS OF WEPON AVAILABLE.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!

Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228, MPX K 4.5鈥
W鈥 means LE version so stock trigger.

The upper is a Gen 3 upper.

Basically, it looks like a PCC without the Timney tigger. Maybe they ran out of Timney triggers and made this.

Now go out and shoot it and quit worrying about it.
That鈥檚 a Gen 2 upper鈥ook at the size of the extractor! 馃槼

馃帠USAF Retired
That鈥檚 a Gen 2 upper鈥ook at the size of the extractor! 馃槼
The second pic posted is not posted by the OP it鈥檚 George16s gun. Which is a gen 2. The OPs is a Gen 3
When I originally replied I made the same mistake. I had to go back and edit my post to reflect who posted what. Also I commented on that in post #8.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is after mods and I am getting Timney too. A bit heavy and I will take irons out, plus not sure about 3x.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Shotgun

Reactions: KenBry

馃帠USAF Retired
This is after mods and I am getting Timney too. A bit heavy and I will take irons out, plus not sure about 3x.

View attachment 433275
Wow, that didn鈥檛 take long. You might find that the vertical grip may be totally un-needed. that long barrel and light recoil keeps the PCC very controllable.

Interesting you put on a magnifier. What distance are you planning on shooting?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, that didn鈥檛 take long. You might find that the vertical grip may be totally un-needed. that long barrel and light recoil keeps the PCC very controllable.

Interesting you put on a magnifier. What distance are you planning on shooting?
I like vertical grips on mine carbines, same with magnifier on mine Scorpion 16". even if you are shooting 25-50 yards it is nice to see where is holes are. Also you could shift it out. But this setup is bit heavy and I might reconsider magnifier an irons.

Reactions: KenBry

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I finally got details on mine model:

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Number

1 - 20 of 22 Posts