SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a rail mounted light/laser to configure it for home defense. Thank you for your feedback.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Go with Streamlight TLR-7 or (TLR-8 if you want a laser integrated). Streamlight is a way better light in every way. Two biggest ways are, better light output for longer and way better mount system. Baldr mini only puts out 600 lumens for 1 minute and then overheats and drops output to 100 lumens for a remaining 30 minutes till dead. That is by design. Either Streamlight noted above puts out 500 lumens for 1.5 hours steady with no drop in performance.

Now lets talk about Baldr mini's mount system. I have both of the lights I mentioned, so I have 1st hand knowledge. The other day at the range the bottom portion containing the light/laser of the Baldr Mini flew off my gun as I was shooting. It has a quick disconnect style mount with a flip switch. The upper QD portion clamped to the rail stayed on the gun. The clamping mechanism between the upper portion and the light module was never tight like it should have been and there was nothing I could do to fix it. I took it apart a couple times investigating why it was loose and it just comes down to a crappy design. If someone expresses interest I'll put photos that show how it looks and it will become obvious why I say it a crappy design. I wrote O-light about it directly and was largely ignored. Possible communication error since I was in contact with mainland china.

Streamlight TLR-7/8 uses a smooth sided, very secure mount, that you can tighten down in a conventional manner with a coin, empty casing, or screwdriver. It is mounted solid to my gun. There is a little flex in the polymer grip module so the laser can be deflected 3-4" at 25 yards if my grip inadvertently pushes on the light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts