SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting confused from all the offerings and then they have new models too.

I would probably get it milled as mines isn't cut at all.

I have a HS507K X2 on backorder, but i guess it'll go on my p365 XL.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The 407, 507, or 508 seem to be the go to options from Holosun. Personally, I am holding out for the HE509T which has yet to hit the market yet. The 507K would work on a 320, but it is on the narrow side for the width of the slide.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm using a 507C V2 (version 2) on an X5.

The 507 can be configured to have a dot, a circle, or a circle/dot.

I tried the dot and am now trying the circle/dot.
I think I'm picking up the circle/dot faster.
Makes sense to me, there is a lot more there to pick up on.

The 407 is basically a 507 that only has the dot.
So if all you want is the dot there is no reason to pay the extra $80 or whatever.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had a 507C v2 mounted on my X Carry. I loved it. The only reason it's no longer on the pistol is that it requires a plate (or having the slide redrilled) and I didn't want to go down that road. It's a tall optic but would be ok if it weren't for the added height caused by the plate.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The 407c (dot only), 407co (circle only), 507c (dual reticles), 508t (titanium dual reticles) in red or green reticles, V1, V2 or the new X2 are all the same footprint of an RMR and will perfectly fit any RMR cut slide. The 407k is the smaller version for sub-compacts with a different footprint.

I have a 507c V2 green on my P320 (because I am still waiting for my 508t GR V2/X2) and it’s incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for all the feedback and visuals.

I'll wait for the HS507K for my XL first.

I do want to keep a gun with open sights and not red dot all my pistols. 1911 10mm has a vortex venom red dot.

Primary Arms and Osage has the 507C V2 in stock too.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
The 407c (dot only), 407co (circle only), 507c (dual reticles), 508t (titanium dual reticles) in red or green reticles, V1, V2 or the new X2 are all the same footprint of an RMR and will perfectly fit any RMR cut slide. The 407k is the smaller version for sub-compacts with a different footprint.

I have a 507c V2 green on my P320 (because I am still waiting for my 508t GR V2/X2) and it’s incredible

Love the Green dot!! May have to look that that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
249 Posts
Really expected circle dot to have more spacing. I thought it was 65 MOA circle std. with 2-4 MOA Dot

·
Registered
326 Posts
Love the Green dot!! May have to look that that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The green reticle works better for my particular astigmatism but beware your mileage may vary... some people do better with red reticles...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Really expected circle dot to have more spacing. I thought it was 65 MOA circle std. with 2-4 MOA Dot

There is plenty of space between the 32 MOA ring and the 2 MOA dot, it’s just very difficult to catch it in a picture... the reticle is much larger when pressing the gun out to the correct position vs. the camera 1/2” away from the optic...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are any P320's drilled for the RMR footprint from the factory?

For a minute there I was regretting not having bought a pre-cut P320 similarly to the P365 XL.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Both my ZEV Octane and NORSSO Reptile slides came milled for the RMR/Holosun with the proper footprint and recoil bosses.

If you are going to have an OEM SIG slide milled for an RMR it needs to be a solid slide and not precut for the R1 and/or R1P/DPP because there isn’t any material left to create the recoil bosses (front posts), etc.

If you have an optic ready OEM SIG slide you would spend less money purchasing an RMR ready slide aftermarket vs. buying a solid OEM SIG slide and having it cut.

That being said, I had Bruce at Primary Machine cut my VP9L-B for the Holosun and black nitride coated; can’t say enough good things about the outstanding result.

NORSSO Reptile X-Compact

ZEV Octane X-Compact (my current carry gun)

Milled slide by Primary Machine on the VP9

·
Registered
326 Posts

It’s very difficult to get it on camera but I gave it a “shot” pun intended. Once you press out and present the gun at arms length the 32 MOA circle takes up a good 40-50% of the optic window and there is plenty of space between it and the center 2 MOA dot

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone like the other circle rather than the dot?

I prefer the dot I think but just might go ahead and order the 507C now since it is in stock?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Prior to shooting the 507 I thought I would just be using the dot.
And I did so for the first few range sessions.

Then I tried the circle/dot.
Initially I thought it was too busy.
However the more I used it the more I liked it.

I've had trouble transitioning to a red-dot from iron sights.
It takes me way too long to find the dot.

Using the circle/dot gives me a lot more to pick up on than a single dot alone.

Now that I've used it for a while I'd hate to give it up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Anyone like the other circle rather than the dot?

I prefer the dot I think but just might go ahead and order the 507C now since it is in stock?

With the 507c V2/X2 you have the choice of 2 MOA dot only, 32 MOA ring only or 2 MOA dot with the 32 MOA ring around it with a long press of the + button.

I keep the combo reticle on for carry and defense oriented practice because it’s easier to pickup and if it ever came down to it most defensive encounters happen at 3-7 yards and the 32 MOA ring at those distances will likely land in a vital structure and incapacitate the offender as long as you hold it center mass.

For target shooting, especially at longer distances I switch to dot only and it works great.

Not really sure yet about a proper situation for the 32 MOA circle only...

The ease of toggling back and forth is well worth it IMHO and a certain other manufacturer seems to be affected by it enough to launch a patent infringement lawsuit against HoloSun over button placement instead of innovating...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for feedback. I have the 507C being shipped from Primary Arms. Today will be my last day shooting it with open sights.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts