SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Banned
I have my gun on me AIWB. I don't leave it in my car.

Registered
I have a different take on this subject.
Back in the late 80's while vacationing in Fort Lauderdale Beach my car was broken into and at the time my one and only gun was a beautiful Walther PPKs. It was never recovered. Since then I will never leave a gun in the car. I have no need to. I conceal carry from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep.
I have no need to go to any of the prohibited places in my license.

Reactions: Taxman

馃帠USMC Veteran Premium Member
While driving my EDC goes in a Remora xtra large sweat guard holster lodged between the seat and console. Real easy access and securely held.

When I exit the vehicle it goes in my Milt Sparks VII IWB.

Reactions: Harpo and FLASIG

Registered
Several years ago, I was looking for a "truck gun". I had to travel through some rough areas to get to a hospital, when two of my brother-in-laws were both there with cancer. Yes, both at the same time! Not a good time for any and all involved.
Anyway, being that you can't take a gun in, and not wanting to leave it (especially my EDC, a G19 at that time) in the car/truck in any location, let alone that particular area, I did both. What's that, you ask? I bought a S&W Sigma for $250, brand new. 14 + one rd of 40 S&W, won out over a police trade in M&P 10, or similar. The reason that I went with the Sigma was that I could very easily take it apart and take the slide assembly and mag into the hospital and leave the frame locked up in the car/truck. If someone broke in, they may be stupid enough to take the frame. If not, all the better. But back then, it was all but impossible to get a complete slide assembly for that pistol, anywhere. If they did take it, I was planning on buying the same pistol in 9mm and I'd then have two guns in one. Once back at the car, the pistol could be reassembled in less than 30 seconds.
I didn't break any laws, and I didn't leave a weapon for someone to steal and possibly cause harm to someone else.
So, that was my answer to the same question.

Reactions: shelbyv8

Registered
I normally carry on my person. However in the event I need to leave it in my car because of where I am going, I have a Taurus pt111 G2 with the internal lock just for that reason that I purchased for a mere $239. Compact, accurate, reliable with 12+1 rounds and goes bang every time I pull the trigger. If it gets lost or stolen I am not out much. I certainly would not leave an expensive Sig in my car. Just my opinion. :mellow:

Registered
Not sure where to post this but curious if and what gun you keep in your car? I keep a P225 A1 out of sight but accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Define "keep."

Premium Member
I have a XDs 45, eight loaded mags, and a grand cash in a lock box bolted down under the seat of my truck. I always carry but this is part of the back up plan. Just like the well stocked go bag behind the seat. The chances of being home if the **** is slim and none. The stuff will likely not be needed but if... it's with me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.