SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Looks like a Gen 2. Unless you bought one in the first year of production, I think most are Gen 2s. If the gas valve screws in and out, it's a gen one. If it is locked in by a pin, ala Sig 556, then it is a Gen 2. If it was made after 2015 then it should have a CHF barrel too. I think you can also look at the bolt and tell from that if it is a Gen 1 or 2. Or call Sig and give them the serial number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a Gen 2. Unless you bought one in the first year of production, I think most are Gen 2s. If the gas valve screws in and out, it's a gen one. If it is locked in by a pin, ala Sig 556, then it is a Gen 2. If it was made after 2015 then it should have a CHF barrel too. I think you can also look at the bolt and tell from that if it is a Gen 1 or 2. Or call Sig and give them the serial number.
Receiver logo and butt stock looks like a fairly recent model too. I also don't think any Gen 1s were made in FDE.
Thanks for the reply. After I posted this, I did a bit more research. Looks like I have the "latest" gen 2. The butt is a MagPul ACS I installed. I am glad I don't pay much attention to reviews. This has been an absolutely flawless rifle. I have never had a failure of any kind.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I am glad I don't pay much attention to reviews. This has been an absolutely flawless rifle. I have never had a failure of any kind.
Good to hear. Mine is still getting broken in, but has been good so far. I don't care about reviews either, and I'm pretty sure the 516 has a fair share of Mil/LE contracts out there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear. Mine is still getting broken in, but has been good so far. I don't care about reviews either, and I'm pretty sure the 516 has a fair share of Mil/LE contracts out there.
I am in the early days of Parkinson's and on a good day I can place 3 shots in a circle smaller than a quarter. More than good enough for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.