SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon,

Looking to purchase a Sig Sauer 516 lower receiver. Can anyone guide me to a supplier?

Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm not aware of any vendors who have them in stock. It's the same lower as the M400 but they don't seem to be many that hit retailers.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I think there was another thread on this already. Any solid lower will work. I use a PSA on one. Works fine..

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Yep, any forged, Mil-Spec lower will work... Sometimes billet lowers present little issues on AR builds- DI or Piston.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Be aware that Sig is now shipping some m400, and possibly 516, rifles and lowers without the built in QD sling sockets as currently pictured on the web, and instead they're using a QD endplate.

·
Banned
337 Posts
They’re currently on order here:
Yep, and have been on order for several years now. I purchased my last ones from OsageCountyGuns (also "sigsauerguns.com"), both stripped and complete, but they are unicorns today for sure.

The problem, in my opinion, came about when Sig was offering those $249 uppers in various configurations and calibers and some of us ordered 10 or more (why... just because we could). Also, when Sig had the 516 uppers for $499 in four different barrel lengths, then they even threw in a free SB Tactical brace, people again bought them up, with lowers still almost unobtainable. My guess is that there are many people, like myself, looking for another batch.

So, I am always looking for M400/516 lowers too, and am on email lists to grab a few more once they become available. I paid $149 for stripped and $279 for complete lowers shortly after the $249 upper sale, but I don't expect that to be the case anytime soon.

The last update to the OsageCounty website had them priced at $199.99 but also had this line, which was dated Feb. 8th, 2019: "We are working to attempt to acquire more of these lower receivers from Sig. They appear to have pulled them from their ordering system and at this time we cannot order more."

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
What makes their lower any different than others that are available, other than an engraving.

·
Banned
337 Posts
What makes their lower any different than others that are available, other than an engraving.
The ambi mag release caged/raised area, the built in QD swivels, fit and finish. Somewhat of a consistency thing for me, personally, and it gets me to a very similar "matched set" consistency. Note that the two pictured are each using a $249 300 AAC/BO upper, with a $149 stripped lower, then a $99 Sig MSR. I have Sig iron sights to put on each soon, just to keep them as much "Sig" as possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
I put my $500 516 upper on an LMT ambi lower with a Geissele trigger. It’s great.

Nice combo...

I really like Sig uppers and lowers, but LMT makes some sweet AR components too. And Bill Geissele makes rockin' triggers and components.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Sig needs to read Sigtalk, and understand we want parts, not just dream rifles they will build in five years, and not to us..

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have used both Sig lowers and Centurion Arms lowers on my 516's and MCX Virtus rifles. They all work well. I have found the Sig lowers to be particularly well finished, with ambi safety controls. If using a Sig upper, I would prefer a Sig lower, but I won't hesitate to buy another Centurion Arms lower if need be.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sig needs to read Sigtalk, and understand we want parts, not just dream rifles
They don't have enough parts for their own production. Selling of major components is going to be a dream for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I see you are a man of good taste. That mirrors my setup, until I can convince myself to pick up a KAC 11.5" upper for this lower. Sadly, MCX uppers will not play well with the LMT MARS-L lowers.

I think they should with the MCX - AR15 adapter that screws into the receiver extension socket and which supports the recoil spring assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sig needs to read Sigtalk, and understand we want parts, not just dream rifles they will build in five years, and not to us..
:thanks:

I bought my MCX based on their "over 250 configurations available" marketing ploy. Meanwhile you have a better chance of finding a unicorn turd than parts and accessories.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think they should with the MCX - AR15 adapter that’s screws into the receiver extension socket and which supports the recoil spring assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried it. The MCX upper is wider than a standard AR upper, so it pushes the right side bolt catch out enough that it keeps the bolt carrier from moving full travel. It essentially locks up the bolt carrier. You could remove the right side catch, or cut a relief in the MCX upper, but I didn't want to go that route.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I tried it. The MCX upper is wider than a standard AR upper, so it pushes the right side bolt catch out enough that it keeps the bolt carrier from moving full travel. It essentially locks up the bolt carrier. You could remove the right side catch, or cut a relief in the MCX upper, but I didn't want to go that route.

Great to know. Thanks for the explanation. I have many others I guess I could use if I pick up an MCX upper.
I built up a BRN-180 receiver. Brownells missed an opportunity there. It would only have taken a fractional ounce of aluminum to make it work as an MCX lower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts