SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Where have all the used P229's gone

4K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  Wulfmann 
#1 ·
There seems to be a shortage of good used P229's in all favors on the auction and good boards. Any idea why the supply seems to be drying up?

D

#12 ·
Haven't tried to keep up with what is currently on the market but, mine is not going anywhere any time soon.I sold a 1911 springer in order to finance mine and can't say I have ever regretted it. I would still like to find a 1911 type with barrel lenght about the same as the 229 in 40 S&W or 357 sig but haven't seen any of those animals around.

#16 ·
I have a few DAK's and don't mind them a bit. Each gun has its own unique qualities and after a while you get used to shooting them in all factors.

I do have my eyes and ears out for SAO in 220, 226, 229. But I can wait on those until the pandemic-rioting-antifa-militia-NAFC-WhitePower-BLM-DemocratFearMongering-DomesticTerrorism-Election-PostElectionRioting-GunBuyingCraze calms down

#17 ·
Here's a video with SIG folks giving some info.

This AXG is the Emperor Scorpion bit. Limited time to order and is a limited run piece - but they will fill all orders in that time-frame (3 months). Be it 500 orders or 5500 orders.

After that run goes, they'll have the standard version which will share some points as the AXG but won't be as fancy. Vid says sub $1000 for the custom and $799 for the standard one.
I have a few DAK's and don't mind them a bit. Each gun has its own unique qualities and after a while you get used to shooting them in all factors.

I do have my eyes and ears out for SAO in 220, 226, 229. But I can wait on those until the pandemic-rioting-antifa-militia-NAFC-WhitePower-BLM-DemocratFearMongering-DomesticTerrorism-Election-PostElectionRioting-GunBuyingCraze calms down
So you're saying you may never get one? :)

#23 ·
People last spring were transfixed by images of flames and "professional agitators" on tv.

They seem to have believed that such mobs would then invade suburbs and small towns. Those mobs only repeatedly trashed urban areas where mayors were sympathetic.

The guns which are sought here on Armslist usually are priced about $300. Either people want to own, or more likely, misrepresent why they want Only a low-priced gun :sneaky: so that They can make a profit from it.

#25 ·
There was a lot of discussions on various forums back in the Fall of 2015 and Spring of 2016 about the readily availability of LE P226's and P229's and the great prices. A lot of folks in the gun community took advantage. It was often compared to the earlier days of the LE trade-ins of revolvers. Those days have come and gone.

The "revolver days" lasted longer due to the more gradual change over to semi-auto pistols. The Sigs went rather quickly due to smaller impact of just one brand of these pistols hitting the market in the change over from .40 S&W calibers to 9mm.

Most people will take advantage of a thousand dollar handgun, with most seeing light usage, being sold for around three to four hundred dollars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.